real time web analytics
Report - - Former Wardley Colliery Site Office - September 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Former Wardley Colliery Site Office - September 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explored UK

Banned
Banned
Just before I start this report, welcome to my second one in under a week. Who ever would have thought it, considering I used to just sit on my arse? Thank you to the likes of Geordie Exploration, Stranton, and pastybarm for encouraging me, anyways on with the report!

History!

Wardley Colliery opened in 1855 as a source of coal for the local area, however it closed in 1911 and was replaced by Follinsby Colliery. Following almost half a century of dereliction and inactivity, Wardley Colliery resumed activity in 1959, merging with Follingsby. Wardley then continued to operated under the auspices of the National Coal Board until August 1974 when it was closed permanently.

My version of events!

After hitting up the former main colliery part, with @Geordie Exploration and a none member, we decided to walk back and then cut along on the former tracks towards our new destination. After a good 40 minutes of none stop walking under bridges, bridges and more bridges, we found our place. I hadn't researched this place but David was intent on getting us in this particular building, unfortunately due to the rain we couldn't hit up the mine. After 5 minutes of deciding our path onto the roof, we climbed. One by one, up the roof. Simple instructions. I was told to keep my hands off the side of the metal in case it snapped, it was about this point I regretted going up, noticing the amount of pigeon shit located everywhere. I decided maybe I had made a mistake, but yet followed on. This building is a lot smaller than it took from the outside, not containing a lot of things inside. We found countless pigeons, pigeon eggs and a lot (and I mean, A LOT..) more of pigeon shit. I got stuck on the way off the roof, great fun that was ... Anyways! One more place marked off in this area, two buildings down and one mine left....
1eaaab.jpg

3a6c7b.jpg

5c65ef.jpg

23c75d.jpg

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Great start to your report. First, I would try to add a few more snaps, if you have any. I would argue that most reports should have at least eight shots. Any fewer and I start to think you haven't covered the site very well - unless you've explored a pub... Second, if you want to keep exploring and post reports, I would invest in a camera (a cheap compact would do - anything other than a phone basically) and a cheap tripod to mount in on (look around on the net, you'll find something dirt cheap. It'll be shit, but it's a start). At the moment it's difficult to make out the content of your images.

UrbanZ

ERROR 401
28DL Full Member
blimey a second one.....well done mate, keep it up and possibly invest in a camera and tripod and you'll be smashing up cracking reports in no time.

good on you for getting out there again pal :thumb

the darkside

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As previously mentioned, half decent camera & tripod needed, those shots on angles are just too much mate! A half decent compact camera & a shitty £11.99 asda tripod would do for starters, maybe a torch too. More pics uploaded too, 4 poor images doesn't give much of a telling of the place....

Explored UK

Banned
Banned
As previously mentioned, half decent camera & tripod needed, those shots on angles are just too much mate! A half decent compact camera & a shitty £11.99 asda tripod would do for starters, maybe a torch too. More pics uploaded too, 4 poor images doesn't give much of a telling of the place....

Small place so not much to cover, found a temp way to get much better pictures until I get a proper camera