Web
Analytics
Forum suggestions | Messages from Admin | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Forum suggestions

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
We've got the website to a state were happy with now and there will be a few bits & pieces to work on, a lighter theme will be available soon

If anyone else has any sensible suggestions for us to consider in the future then feel free to drop them here

boxfrenzy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
At the moment, the "New Posts" view currently defaults to 10 (as do the other areas - Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff etc.) I *think* it was 25 or 30 or something on the previous version, which was easier (for me) on a mobile phone (and on a computer - less waiting for pages to load). Just an idea :)

New forum looking good by the way - hats off to all involved :)

Paradox

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I would just like my purple to stop purple and not keep going green :( Oh and my setting to stay set too :p

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
At the moment, the "New Posts" view currently defaults to 10 (as do the other areas - Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff etc.) I *think* it was 25 or 30 or something on the previous version, which was easier (for me) on a mobile phone (and on a computer - less waiting for pages to load). Just an idea :)

New forum looking good by the way - hats off to all involved :)
I'd rather it was a higher number mate, but for technical reasons it had to be reduced.

Thanks as well, was hard work.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Does that also apply to search results? Noticed that if I search "sheffield" that results only go as far back as like last year, unless I go more advanced and search for specific things...
Searches are returned 500 at a time, 20 to a page.

The Franconian

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Coloured letters used in reports
In my reports, in the age of the old theme with bright background, I used self chosen, dark coloured letters.
I liked the colour and thought it was looking good.
Now, with the new theme and dark background, I found they became really unreadable.
Example: http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/quarry-euville-france-april-2013.t80349
Another, bright theme is announced for the future.
To avoid similar problems as mine, I recommend only to use the original forum letter colour,
and not to use any colour changes, since they might become unreadable too, on a bright background.
Also we will have a mixed use of bright and dark themes by the users, which has to be noted.
(I hope I wrote this understandable)
thanks
TF

Last edited:

T-Dawg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like GRONK's idea of showing a selection of our fav shots on our profile, yeah it doesn't make a huge difference to the site but it'd be nice to see some of everyone's best stuff with just 1 click.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'll see what's possible ok.

@The Franconian - I see your problem there, I'll see if we can do anything to help you. Maybe the underground moderators can edit the colour, for starters.

The Franconian

28DL Regular User
Regular User
@The Franconian - I see your problem there, I'll see if we can do anything to help you. Maybe the underground moderators can edit the colour, for starters.
Thanks OT, main aim of my post is to keep others away from that problem.
I could solve my problem myself, if they were opened to edit (I don't have so many reports).
I think I have included the whole posts in that colour brackets, just had to take them away.