Forum suggestions

• Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I think they either fall under industrial if you don't get your ass up them or High Stuff if you do.

Trouble will sub-forums is where to stop? Culvert, drain, railway tunnel, air raid shelter, mine, cave, underground reservoir, cellar, basement, road tunnel, vents, service tunnels, storage tanks, wells and I'm sure there are many more dark places without including all the military stuff.

Just my thoughts.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Nope, they fall under 'Other' @The Lone Ranger always have and always will
Plenty in high stuff too, so the options are now 3 locations if you just go for a safety brew stroll, look from the bottom and just get inside or not sure what the fuck they were used for ;)

Mr Muscle
Regular User
Feb 27, 2012
Leave gas wherever people post them really. Some are awesome just looking from below like West Ham, North Thames & loads of other small ornate ones, & some are better from up top, so the format will likely change between them. Plus they're almost all named incorrectly compared to gas companies current records, so there's still a minor level of hiding there, albeit very low level, even in public. Put them in a sub-forum together & as soon as a gas company finds that, there'll be a load more ladders disappearing so it will be counterproductive for anyone wanting to access more.

A national treasure
Regular User
Feb 2, 2012
We've got the website to a state were happy with now and there will be a few bits & pieces to work on, a lighter theme will be available soon

If anyone else has any sensible suggestions for us to consider in the future then feel free to drop them here

Haven't been her for a while and it looks really good. Awesome to have local image hosting. Been anting that since I joined. Nicely done mate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oct 13, 2012
I may be missing something? But I really liked ( on the old site ) how on a members profile page all their actual reports could be found easily without having to scroll through all their posts first, I found this search tool good when a user i'm not familiar with asked about entry's and locations, ( no reports up = no access tips ) :thumb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Mar 18, 2015
I might sound stupid here but whats the GAS everyone is referring to? Is this an acronym of some sort?

On the forum, other than it running rather slowly with scripts running etc (which could be my laptops) I cant think of any changes I'd like to see :)