Web
Analytics
Forum suggestions | Messages from Admin | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Forum suggestions

princethorpe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We've got the website to a state were happy with now and there will be a few bits & pieces to work on, a lighter theme will be available soon

If anyone else has any sensible suggestions for us to consider in the future then feel free to drop them here
What about a theme section. Like the one on public toilets. Everyone can chip in the odd photo. Often we only have one or two picture not enough for a report but still interesting. Suggestions: Staircases, windows, roofs, doors ,cars gears we'll you get the idea

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
Howsa 'bout a "Drone Video" forum? They're usually far more interesting than most of these jiggly go-pro commando :turd that gets posted

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
What about a theme section. Like the one on public toilets. Everyone can chip in the odd photo. Often we only have one or two picture not enough for a report but still interesting. Suggestions: Staircases, windows, roofs, doors ,cars gears we'll you get the idea
There's many of these threads on the forum already. I'll look at getting them into one place though.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Can we get a plugin which scans posts and automatically removes any which say "I wouldn't mind having a look round here" or "If you're going back let me know"

EDIT also "Nice Pics" and "I was thinking of going here myself" or "I've had this on my list for ages"

Thanks.

Maniac.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Can we get a plugin which scans posts and automatically removes any which say "I wouldn't mind having a look round here" or "If you're going back let me know"

EDIT also "Nice Pics" and "I was thinking of going here myself" or "I've had this on my list for ages"

Thanks.

Maniac.
Only if you do the same :gay

mockney reject

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I have a possible suggestion with regards to the location map

When you click on the location and it opens up the separate little map for it is there anyway you could have a list of threads about the place listed at the bottom?

This would save having to open another window to read about the place, or am I just being lazy?

I know its probably a proper complicated thing to do but just thought I'd ask

Thanks

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I have a possible suggestion with regards to the location map

When you click on the location and it opens up the separate little map for it is there anyway you could have a list of threads about the place listed at the bottom?

This would save having to open another window to read about the place, or am I just being lazy?

I know its probably a proper complicated thing to do but just thought I'd ask

Thanks
You can add them as a comment, but as yet there's no way to do this automatically. Will request it from the developer and see what happens.

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
Searches are returned 500 at a time, 20 to a page.
I'd forgotten about this...

Thought I'd raise it again though as I still think it's an issue. For example, searching "sheffield" gives me 19 pages of results, 369 results in total. When you go to the last page though, they only date back to the middle of last year.
Similarly with "leeds": only results back to early on last year.
If I choose to search "sheffield" and tick 'search titles only' I get slightly older search results - back to the middle of 2014, around 250 results, but again, nothing older.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'd forgotten about this...

Thought I'd raise it again though as I still think it's an issue. For example, searching "sheffield" gives me 19 pages of results, 369 results in total. When you go to the last page though, they only date back to the middle of last year.
Similarly with "leeds": only results back to early on last year.
If I choose to search "sheffield" and tick 'search titles only' I get slightly older search results - back to the middle of 2014, around 250 results, but again, nothing older.
It's something I'll look into after the software has been upgraded.