Web
Analytics
Report - - Frank Stone Carpets Limited, Kidderminster April 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Frank Stone Carpets Limited, Kidderminster April 2012

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kidderminster is famous for it's carpets. I've been trawling around the town for ages and not found that much left/unconverted, but there are a couple, and F Stone is a good example of a typical carpet factory that made the name Kidderminster synonymous with carpets.

The works is pretty much like any other textile factory, weaving sheds built off the back of a brick office block. The front is no architectural gem, but is a nice example of a factory of the period. Not content with the land available to them, the firm seem to have jutted their buildings out over the river on a selection of steel and concrete girders!

I was hoping for some of the extra long looms I once saw (and took appalling photos of) in carpets of worth. Sadly these were gone, but there were plenty of bits and bobs left, and the offices were pretty retrotastic. A nice relaxed explore, and proof there is still stuff in the town to find.

carpet-21.jpg

carpet-20.jpg

carpet-19.jpg

carpet-18.jpg

carpet-17.jpg

carpet-16.jpg

carpet-15.jpg

carpet-14.jpg

carpet-13.jpg

carpet-12.jpg

carpet-11.jpg

carpet-10.jpg

carpet-9.jpg

carpet-8.jpg

carpet-7.jpg

carpet-6.jpg

carpet-5.jpg

carpet-4.jpg

carpet-3.jpg

carpet-2.jpg

carpet.jpg

Attachments

urb4x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent explore. I see this place all the time but have had no luck as of yet!

Any possible pointers my friend?

Mike398

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi I used to work there in the late 70s, and early 80s before I moved to Canada. I used to work there. Pretty spooky on the night shift! Nice to see the building in fairly good shape! Lots of good memories.