real time web analytics
Report - - Frank Stone Carpets Limited, Kidderminster April 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Frank Stone Carpets Limited, Kidderminster April 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Kidderminster is famous for it's carpets. I've been trawling around the town for ages and not found that much left/unconverted, but there are a couple, and F Stone is a good example of a typical carpet factory that made the name Kidderminster synonymous with carpets.

The works is pretty much like any other textile factory, weaving sheds built off the back of a brick office block. The front is no architectural gem, but is a nice example of a factory of the period. Not content with the land available to them, the firm seem to have jutted their buildings out over the river on a selection of steel and concrete girders!

I was hoping for some of the extra long looms I once saw (and took appalling photos of) in carpets of worth. Sadly these were gone, but there were plenty of bits and bobs left, and the offices were pretty retrotastic. A nice relaxed explore, and proof there is still stuff in the town to find.

carpet-21.jpg

carpet-20.jpg

carpet-19.jpg

carpet-18.jpg

carpet-17.jpg

carpet-16.jpg

carpet-15.jpg

carpet-14.jpg

carpet-13.jpg

carpet-12.jpg

carpet-11.jpg

carpet-10.jpg

carpet-9.jpg

carpet-8.jpg

carpet-7.jpg

carpet-6.jpg

carpet-5.jpg

carpet-4.jpg

carpet-3.jpg

carpet-2.jpg

carpet.jpg

urb4x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent explore. I see this place all the time but have had no luck as of yet!

Any possible pointers my friend?

Mike398

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi I used to work there in the late 70s, and early 80s before I moved to Canada. I used to work there. Pretty spooky on the night shift! Nice to see the building in fairly good shape! Lots of good memories.