real time web analytics
Frederick Donisthorpe / LE Sansom | Yorrick | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Frederick Donisthorpe / LE Sansom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Had a look at this a couple of times. First with @slayaaaa and then with @DubbedNavigator. Good meeting you both guys!

It’s barely worth reporting, but I was practicing with phone photos in dark places and I like the results. These are all taken on a phone camera - Huawei P10. ISO 50, f2.2 and exposure ranging from 1/15 second to 15 second. Just a rotate and crop, with no PP.

History

According to Kelly’s directory at the record office this this is listed as Frederick Donisthorpe, dyer and trimmer (Pingle Works) from 1870 until 1963, (It became Donsithorpe Hamilton and Co somewhere in the middle). In 1966 it was listed as JW Loweth and sons, Worsted spinner. By 1972 it seems it was L E Sansom Ltd, Cash and Carry, selling food and assorted goods. Their bank foreclosed on LE Sansom in 2012 due to a massive drop in profits, with the company finally dissolving in 2014.

17a66f.jpg

28aca8.jpg

37eea7.jpg

4fe5b1.jpg

571ed4.jpg

674bab.jpg

75946f.jpg

81b190.jpg

9222ae.jpg

This one of the scales - the only light was coming down the stairs, we could barely see the scales. This is a 15 second exposure with no light painting.

101822a.jpg

11e62d9.jpg

12e5baa.jpg

1361699.jpg

1432913.jpg

15f4a3b.jpg

160d1ba.jpg

1776dcc.jpg

1825d47.jpg

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
To say they’re just phones shots, they’ve come out nicely. Much post editing?

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
To say they’re just phones shots, they’ve come out nicely. Much post editing?

Cheers mate! The dials shot and the doors shot have a bit of fill-light (and look odd), but otherwise just straightened and cropped.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Interesting to see what you’ve managed with a phone camera, these look great. Times when I’ve only had my phone on me the pics have been as grainy as anything.

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Interesting to see what you’ve managed with a phone camera, these look great. Times when I’ve only had my phone on me the pics have been as grainy as anything.

Thanks mate. I don’t think you’re going to get these with your I-phone etc. The Huawei has a twin lens Leica camera with full manual control. I think I’ve barely scratched the surface of what this is capable of. Watch this space!

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah those phone pics are pretty good :)
Cheers again for having me along! Was an interesting place to be fair. Catch up again soon.

DubbedNavigator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was a good wander, nice to get out!

I’ll see if I have anything worth putting up. Don’t think my phone pics will be as good!