real time web analytics
Friday 28 Drain Meet | Yorrick | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Friday 28 Drain Meet

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Like Punk, I'll once again be organising some culvert action on the Friday of the big meet.

There's a few possibles to look at. Obviously I won't be doing whichever one Punk is doing on the Sunday as I'm hoping to be there with him!

Chime in here if you fancy it.

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
The plan for the Friday is to do some of the culverts on the Hockley Brook. Starting with Crystal Phallus, then Baptiser and if we've time then Moonwalker.

Wellies and gloves are recommended as is bringing something to eat/drink. It's a long walk and the only way out (as far as I know) is back to the beginning.

I've been told the last 2 are very slippery.

Planning on meeting up around 11am.

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Punk said just the Rea on Sunday. With a 2pm start, the Rea should be enough but still give people a chance to take their hangovers home at a reasonable time.

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Somewhere around Black Patch Park. It looks like there's parking on Woodburn Road. I'm going to try and have a look in the week and I'll let you know.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Out of interest who is about Friday day ?

I’ll try and get in earlier if somethings happening

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Just myself and @chills are on this. As above hopefully 3 parts of the Hockley Brook starting around 11am in the park. Going upstream first, then coming back and going downstream.

I haven't heard if anyone is planning anything else on Friday day or evening.

chills

Queller of the uprising
I’m meeting someone about an allotment at 9:30 but that shouldn’t take long. We still meeting at Blackpatch Park?

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Yeah, should be okay. I'm passing nearby tomorrow so I'll check what parking is like and let you know. I'll PM you (and anyone else) my contact details.

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
As I thought there's plenty of parking on Woodburn Road.

However, unless the rain stops and the level drops I think we'll have to postpone this one. The level is around 18" deep today and flowing way too fast. I'll check first thing in the morning and let you know.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Ok, been raining a lot in Brum over the past few days. Looks like it eases and stops tonight then starts again between 12-3 tomorrow.