Web
Analytics
Report - - Friningham Manor, Kent June 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Friningham Manor, Kent June 2019

2XploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I KNOW this has been covered a bazillion times before (IS bazillion a word/number? IDK lol) but this is the place my wife and I found first and it’s always good to have a recent update!

After we spent about a week digging through umpteen posts, photos and reports, my wife FINALLY spotted what she thought was the site for the Manor on google maps. We packed up our bags with cameras, water, masks, gloves and a power bank for my phone and off we went on the 45min/hour drive down to Kent.

When we got there, the place we were going to park was gated off and closed (didn’t start too great!) but I managed to spot a lorry lay-by just off from where we wanted to go. We grabbed our bags and off we went on the 15-20min walk to the path that would lead us up to the Manor. I must admit I was nervous when we finally turned into it, a couple of people drove down the path but we pretended to be doing anything other that exploring lol. Once we made in round the bend....there it was in all its glory! We recognised it from the pictures we’d seen straight away. It was a touch tricky getting in as it was extremely overgrown but we managed to make our way into the front door. Once inside the real beauty of it hits you....it’s STILL amazing inside! The staircase in the main hall area looks fantastic and is probably the main feature of the downstairs area. As we walked around I was amazed at how solid the place still is after all these years. The floor (well, the parts that haven’t been smashed), the walls and the general build of the house is solid as it once was which goes to show the craftsmanship of those that built it all those years ago. It hasn’t been too vandalised, which is always nice and some of the rooms look lived in from the not-so-long lost past (pink and red wall paint and the visible stencilled Thunderbird pattens in the pink room). We didn’t manage to make it up to the top floor as the stairwell looked rickety and had a couple of stairs missing and I didn’t want to risk death on my first outing! it’s pic heavy (sorry in advance) but I hope you all enjoy! I’m trying to find some other places (I’ve spotted a couple on google maps that could be possible so watch this space? Lol) but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

3CF3F096-4C33-4981-8070-EAB5BD88DF8D.jpeg

F4213BA0-0F0D-49F2-8D05-0D59BEE60B7B.jpeg

BA7F009C-4ACD-4F34-8303-781354F9A551.jpeg

10B51714-1581-46D4-9B5B-829B451F7EFB.jpeg

5C35DE7A-0455-4465-8A36-12B29858E75E.jpeg

99F1D0E4-DAE5-4A36-9AC9-86A01FC4E13D.jpeg

882747D8-3AE2-42B3-A32C-C1C6BC2CC94B.jpeg

6C0ABECE-A26C-4BD0-9801-72709D29CCFA.jpeg

BF993F5A-3F57-4A87-A863-0AB2B104DF25.jpeg

4033CDD9-37C7-4010-ADD2-BBAEA385FE39.jpeg

61627F78-1D0D-4C44-A8B1-B794BF649A0F.jpeg

CD18E9F2-A7C6-4333-AA72-57D06B98DCEA.jpeg

EAFA4989-6FD0-421E-9926-8A095D7506F0.jpeg

48D848C2-F9F7-4651-97D3-A0A4CEA5CDB2.jpeg

026D4E90-7B71-4BDE-9CE2-B41CC76944CC.jpeg

F8946FBC-9A00-482B-A200-71706D91C295.jpeg

BBBD62C8-4530-435B-AAB1-B236F0B2C2DF.jpeg

EEC7C000-B35F-4A92-A71D-AD52F986FE9D.jpeg

8E599C3E-646A-4DE0-807F-4BD9934BFF82.jpeg

DCAB64C0-7782-49DA-9BA8-B75CADBF795D.jpeg

844C2A84-C369-4D2E-AF1F-063F9672DFBA.jpeg

2XploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I honestly thought this place had been flattened
I thought it might have been too. The reports I was reading when I started to look into it were from like 4-5yrs ago but nope....still standing! Lol there are some caravans around the site now but nobody came out

2XploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went at night a few weeks ago and a caravan had lights on so I reckon it’s now occupied :(
A few people have said the same thing about the caravans. Apparently they don’t own the site or the land but are just travellers who work in the area. They’ve been known to come out when people have shown up but they don’t normally say anything to anyone and even if they DID, they don’t have any more rights then anyone else that goes there. You should be ok, failing that just go in the day lol

Courtneyyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A few people have said the same thing about the caravans. Apparently they don’t own the site or the land but are just travellers who work in the area. They’ve been known to come out when people have shown up but they don’t normally say anything to anyone and even if they DID, they don’t have any more rights then anyone else that goes there. You should be ok, failing that just go in the day lol
Ah thanks for that! I thought it might have been people that have ownership of some kind that may be doing it up

2XploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If anything, itll
Ah thanks for that! I thought it might have been people that have ownership of some kind that may be doing it up
be flattened. It’s so far gone that it’s almost impossible to save what’s left but I haven’t heard anything

Friningham

Banned
Banned
I KNOW this has been covered a bazillion times before (IS bazillion a word/number? IDK lol) but this is the place my wife and I found first and it’s always good to have a recent update!

After we spent about a week digging through umpteen posts, photos and reports, my wife FINALLY spotted what she thought was the site for the Manor on google maps. We packed up our bags with cameras, water, masks, gloves and a power bank for my phone and off we went on the 45min/hour drive down to Kent.

When we got there, the place we were going to park was gated off and closed (didn’t start too great!) but I managed to spot a lorry lay-by just off from where we wanted to go. We grabbed our bags and off we went on the 15-20min walk to the path that would lead us up to the Manor. I must admit I was nervous when we finally turned into it, a couple of people drove down the path but we pretended to be doing anything other that exploring lol. Once we made in round the bend....there it was in all its glory! We recognised it from the pictures we’d seen straight away. It was a touch tricky getting in as it was extremely overgrown but we managed to make our way into the front door. Once inside the real beauty of it hits you....it’s STILL amazing inside! The staircase in the main hall area looks fantastic and is probably the main feature of the downstairs area. As we walked around I was amazed at how solid the place still is after all these years. The floor (well, the parts that haven’t been smashed), the walls and the general build of the house is solid as it once was which goes to show the craftsmanship of those that built it all those years ago. It hasn’t been too vandalised, which is always nice and some of the rooms look lived in from the not-so-long lost past (pink and red wall paint and the visible stencilled Thunderbird pattens in the pink room). We didn’t manage to make it up to the top floor as the stairwell looked rickety and had a couple of stairs missing and I didn’t want to risk death on my first outing! it’s pic heavy (sorry in advance) but I hope you all enjoy! I’m trying to find some other places (I’ve spotted a couple on google maps that could be possible so watch this space? Lol) but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

View attachment 811239

View attachment 811240

View attachment 811241

View attachment 811242

View attachment 811243

View attachment 811244

View attachment 811245

View attachment 811246

View attachment 811247

View attachment 811248

View attachment 811249

View attachment 811250

View attachment 811251

View attachment 811252

View attachment 811253

View attachment 811254

View attachment 811255

View attachment 811256

View attachment 811257

View attachment 811258

View attachment 811259
Don't come back.

We tell all of you over and over again not to come and 'explore' it's private property.

We had to put the caravans on site to stop midnight nutters having parties in their. They aren't travelers, they work on the farm.

Don't come back, stop posting about it, stop encouraging others to come, the house is dangerous, it's on private property, there are no footpaths leading to it, all the gates are locked for a reason.

Friningham

Banned
Banned
We own the site, we put the caravans there to stop people breaking into the house. They work on the farm and drive our lorries.

Don't come

Hannahwilson1994

Banned
Banned
THIS IS OUR FARM. WE HAVE BEEN ALERTED TO THIS PAGE AND ALL OF YOU WHI HAVE COMMENTED ADMITTING TO TRESPASSING HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE POLICE.

YOU ARE ALL SCUM.
WHEN WE CATCH ANY OF YOU, OUR GAURD DOGS WILL ATTACK YOU AND YOU WILL BE DETAINED TILL THE POLICE GET THERE WHERE YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED!!!!!!!!

Hannahwilson1994

Banned
Banned
THEY DONT HAVE RIGHTS?!!!?
THEY ARE OUR FARM WORKERS YOU THICK SHIT!!!!!!
THEY HAVE EVERH RIGHT TO BE THERE UNLIKE YOU YOU TRESPASSING WANKER!!!!
COME HERE AGAIN WE DARE YOU!!!!!

Hannahwilson1994

Banned
Banned
RIGHT.
TO END THIS MATTER.
ANY OF YOU FOUND ON OUR FARM OR ANYWHERE NEAR THIS BUILDING ON PRIVATE LAND, YOU WILL BE BITEN BY OUR GAURD DOGS AND YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED!!!!!!!

LEARN SOME FUCKING MANNERS AND DO NOT STICK YOUR NOSE WHERE IT DOESNT BELONG. YOU WILL LEAVE WITHOUT LIMBS!!!!!!!!

admin

Administrator
Admin
So let's try and break this down to whichever goon we're acknowledging here..

Don't come back.
Yeah we hear this all the time from 'disgruntled property owners' who couldn't catch their arse with both hands, next question... Oh wait...

We tell all of you over and over again not to come and 'explore' it's private property.
Say what, you do English Bro ?

We had to put the caravans on site to stop midnight nutters having parties in their. They aren't travelers, they work on the farm.
So they work there yeah ?, I feel your pain :rolleyes:

Don't come back, stop posting about it, stop encouraging others to come, the house is dangerous, it's on private property, there are no footpaths leading to it, all the gates are locked for a reason.
Ok so, firstly you have people who work there who have a sort of right to be there who you are fully aware of having "parties" and now it's the problem of 28DL ?

Yeah I see how that works :coat