real time web analytics
Report - - From A Pillbox To A Deep Shelter | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - From A Pillbox To A Deep Shelter

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Took a trip with jackal & tony yesterday, met at mine at 10.30 and set of for a pillbox down the road

roadtrip002.jpg

After this we headed of to raf pevensey an old station in the marsh ,a nice easy one...oh no took us ages to get to the building due to a maze of rivers and ditches, so after a hours walk in the hot sun we made it lol

according to subbrit this was knocked down but here it is large as life

roadtrip025.jpg

Inside was stripped and not much to see but 1 old toilet woo
roadtrip010.jpg

Old arieal tower blocks
roadtrip020.jpg

After this we headed out to dungerness to find the sound mirrors

And here they are
roadtrip031.jpg

roadtrip034.jpg

roadtrip052.jpg

Once finished here we headed to st maragrets bay which i think jackal will show in his thread ,but one intresting find was a tunnel about 25 foot up on the cliffs with a old rope hanging down ,,so up i went like a monkey ,this is not advised as it was a little bit dangerous & i wouldnt do it a second time but it was a need to no kind of moment :crazy

looking back at the machine gun position
roadtrip101.jpg

roadtrip105.jpg

steps leading up to a good 50ft drop there was some sort of balcony here at one time
roadtrip103.jpg

A few more sites at the bay later then we headed to one of my old fav's the Grand Shaft
roadtrip129.jpg

roadtrip123.jpg

roadtrip119.jpg

final stop of the day was st martins deep shelter

roadtrip135.jpg

roadtrip150.jpg

Finished at 2am ,driving back down the m20 we can smell rubber the front tyres gone ,next hour spent unloading boot looking for a mystery jack and talking to the local plod
Was a great day

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
The Sound mirrors are superb, i got there last year but didnt have any means of getting across the "moat", other than a plank of wood- and that didnt seem to safe so i abandoned that.
Any other close up pics of the other mirrors? or the sound wall??

A few more
roadtrip043.jpg

roadtrip042.jpg

roadtrip054.jpg

roadtrip035.jpg