Web
Analytics
From Post-industrial to Urban Exploration | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

From Post-industrial to Urban Exploration

OldTimeGamer

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm a rather elderly explorer (in my 50s) who really enjoys exploring post-industrial spaces.

However I am pretty fit, into long-distance walking & cycling and pretty good at clambering up pretty steep banks. I have broken-in walking boots, thorn proof gloves and even a folding grappling hook with 50 foot of rope.

However I realise that I really need to up my game as I can't cross steel palisades reliably (although I know how to walk boundaries, looking for weak spots and gates) and I've yet to put together a set of reliable, robust clothing that doesn't snag so I can confidently crawl under or through things.

OldTimeGamer

28DL Member
28DL Member
Reading the forum notes, I should state where I'm based and the simplest way to do that is to say that the Thames crossing is visible from where I live and I'm close enough to visit London tomorrow for a spot of retail by wandering about by foot.

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair there are plenty of industrial places to visit that don't require potential impaling! I'd suggest honing your fence vaulting skills on something a little less lethal before trying to climb that particular style of fence, I've done it hundreds of times and I still don't enjoy it!