Web
Analytics
Report - - Fron Goch Farmhouse, Ffair Rhos, Ceredigion May 2019 | Residential Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fron Goch Farmhouse, Ffair Rhos, Ceredigion May 2019

oldskool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
From what I understand it's been like this for a very long time, there's photographs around from 2011 with the same fridge out the front. It's in surprisingly good condition inside, but then again I guess it doesn't get much, if any traffic due to it's remote location
just dont understand why they have left this house to fall down when the other one half way down the drive is in perfect order and rented out as a holiday let. just seems a waste to me, i'd love to wake up to them views every morning, must have been bliss in the summer, but very harsh in the winter. i'm suprised to see its got electric though being how remote it is, did you go upstairs?
the downstairs does look in good order as though its still used, especially that cooker in the green fireplace, its been empty about 30 years from what i'm told. just think they should have renovated this house and rented it out aswell as a holiday let rather than letting it decay, seems a shame especially with them views, you can see over most of ceredigion from there.

Pipala

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow 30 years!! Considering how exposed it is i'd expect it to be in much worse condition than it is.

Yes, some of the photos are from upstairs, with the exception of one of the bedroom ceilings the place is in pretty good order. The views certainly are amazing but it's a little too remote for me, not a pub within walking distance :D

oldskool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow 30 years!! Considering how exposed it is i'd expect it to be in much worse condition than it is.

Yes, some of the photos are from upstairs, with the exception of one of the bedroom ceilings the place is in pretty good order. The views certainly are amazing but it's a little too remote for me, not a pub within walking distance :D
the owners still farm around it, and use the big agri building infront of it so i guess they still use it as a 'farms rest place' from time to time.

if you're ever in the area again, i know where theres loads of empty/abandoned houses in the area, PM me with what you like looking at as i'll see if i can think of any suitable.

Pipala

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you mate that's awesome, much appreciated.

Yes the large structure nearby although slightly run down certainly gave the impression it was still in occasional use, a little like the farmhouse itself. I love my remote places and will definitely be getting out more this year so thanks for the offer. Found this place on my travels last year and got it half done, was on my own and couldn't bring myself to go upstairs for some reason, need to get it done and post it here,

oldskool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you mate that's awesome, much appreciated.

Yes the large structure nearby although slightly run down certainly gave the impression it was still in occasional use, a little like the farmhouse itself. I love my remote places and will definitely be getting out more this year so thanks for the offer. Found this place on my travels last year and got it half done, was on my own and couldn't bring myself to go upstairs for some reason, need to get it done and post it here,

View attachment 838524
Is that one in Wales?

I'm completely the same, I always get the collywobbles when I'm near an abandoned house, let alone before entering it, you knew now what might be inside or what mad land owner you encounter, so far I've been fine, only had a few barn owls scare the s*** out of me as they try to make their escape. Tell a lie, I was in one house half way the stairs and a hurd of sheep came running down and out the front door, that proper made me jump as they appeared from nowhere, made my mate jump too who was downstairs at the time.