real time web analytics
Report - - Froomsgate House, Bristol. March 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Froomsgate House, Bristol. March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wellingtonian

Subterráneo
Regular User
Froomsgate House, Bristol.​

Following one of the regular Brizzle meets, which was very well attended with the usual crew, plus a few new faces, the decision was made to do a little roof topping.

Our exploring posse consisted of (as far ad I can remember) Seffy, WhoDaresWins, Grit, END-PROC, FlyZanzibar, Hector Rex, phoenix-solo and longe. Apologies if I've forgotten anyone......

Thanks especially to EP for sharing this one with us.

Here's some stolen history and exterior shot;

Froomsgate House is a 63 m (207 ft) high office block in central Bristol, England, situated at the junction of Rupert Street with Lewin's Mead. It was completed in 1971 and has 15 floors above ground. There are also three floors of car-parking. The building has 1,368 m2 (14,730 sq ft) of office space, serviced by three lifts. The building is owned by Froomsgate House Realty Ltd and managed by Hartnell Taylor Cook LLP. The name derives from an ancient city gate by the River Frome which once stood on the site. Notable tenants include the Crown Prosecution Service Southwest.

01fdeb791e53b1071f31bfc5ce8a6e8b_zps8c6bc966.jpg

Just a few snaps - I ain't getting any better at this bit :banghead

1cd8a69e1818235894ab22ac83e857da_zpsc0550cba.jpg

a0a78b3fdf1f89ee146d1af347f90db7_zpse84716cc.jpg

467935ff6f1e00135c0761d9da200993_zpsa4a2e4dc.jpg

And a few from a nearby block of appartments that we just happened upon thanks to Grit and his pals.

9310f75f61dd1d8256790dff29a5614f_zpsd1ff9350.jpg

252e34c2aa3e3350d7e956ec66f1fe2c_zps92c27c4d.jpg

e356e2acb5ab048d37d6c41e40b14dd6_zps30afdcaa.jpg

Undoubted highlight of the night was seeing END-PROC play chicken with a pizza delivery guy on a scooter...... and bloody winning......... although he was walking kinda bow legged afterwards??

All in all, another fun filled Bristol meet. Cheers, thanks for looking.

Indecisive Moment

Banned
Banned
Some nice images here - just have a longer exposure and keep it to tungsten white balance - although that's easy to correct in PS if you're taking them as RAW :)

wellingtonian

Subterráneo
Regular User
Cheers for that IM. However taken on. £60 bridge camera with max exposure of 15 secs. Shot with auto wb, if I change it to tungsten, everything turns blueish?? Don't edit my shots, straight from the camera. Thanks for trying to help out though, I'm a lost cause :D

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Lost cause? What you on about! Those first two shots in particular are brilliant, very crisp and a great colour to them. It was a great evening, nice report mate :thumb

Indecisive Moment

Banned
Banned
Cheers for that IM. However taken on. £60 bridge camera with max exposure of 15 secs. Shot with auto wb, if I change it to tungsten, everything turns blueish?? Don't edit my shots, straight from the camera. Thanks for trying to help out though, I'm a lost cause :D

You're not a lost cause! WDW is right, your first two shots are fine. If you do some minor editing like lifting the shadows then they will look even better but it's not necessary to spend ages on editing. In terms of the WB, the tungsten should help with getting rid of the yellow lights you naturally get with street lights, and that was only in reference to one of the images, the WB on the rest looks good to me :)

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Undoubted highlight of the night was seeing END-PROC play chicken with a pizza delivery guy on a scooter...... and bloody winning......... although he was walking kinda bow legged afterwards??

It was mighty fine footwork for EP I'll give him that! :laugh

latentux

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been looking forward to seeing what the Brizzle meet produced, and it looks like you all had a fine time.
Your £60 camera is punching above its price in your hands. :D

Seffy

Staff member
Mate you are getting better at this, don't kid yourself! Really decent report, and remember it's all about the memories :)

Eight-Seven

This is not a good idea. Let's do it.
28DL Full Member
Nice shots mate, good job there. What were the floors like in there, anything of interest?