real time web analytics
Report - - Fullers Earth mines Combe Hay about '91 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fullers Earth mines Combe Hay about '91

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Trevithick

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another selection of my dodgy old photos ( sorry about the quality but I'm a bit rubbish at cleaning them up).
These 4 were taken after 10 years of effort to get in these mud mines and once we were in we couldn't wait to get out, in fact as the last one was being set up the walls were crumbling (note the broken girders, some a bit too recently).
Has anyone else ever ventured into these or are they completely collapsed now ?
There is a good book out about them and shows that they were in fact about the same size as Farleighs main block, so a fair concern.
Could these have been the last photos of the mines ? (I hope no one got buried trying to get more).
Cheers
Copyoffe4.jpg

Copyoffe3.jpg

Copyoffe2.jpg

Copyoffe1.jpg

d86

ian beal's twin brother..
28DL Full Member
I am going to have a look at these mines next week to see if there are any remains.
Don't bother to be honest one side of Grove was buried long ago and the Englishcombe side was robbed out by the pikies about 20 years ago then buried by the current land owner....the old sheds are now bath reclamation site....so all gone there to....the only evidence remaining is the cottages and the fullers managers house.....t

nattyurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't bother to be honest one side of Grove was buried long ago and the Englishcombe side was robbed out by the pikies about 20 years ago then buried by the current land owner....the old sheds are now bath reclamation site....so all gone there to....the only evidence remaining is the cottages and the fullers managers house.....t
Shame that grove mine has been totally lost. When you say english combe side are you refering to the vernham workings?

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Interesting report mate I haven’t seen. This before have you got any more photos even if they low quality am interested :thumb