real time web analytics
Report - - Fullers earthworks, Redhill April 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fullers earthworks, Redhill April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Traceyalex2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG_6443.jpg
IMG_6445.jpg
IMG_6446.jpg
IMG_6447.jpg
So I've heard a lot about this place and decided to have a look.

Abandoned soil factory in Redhill.

This is the first factory I've visited, it was very wet, muddy and pretty trashed. There were quite a few kids hanging around.

This was a bit of a sketchy explore as you'd expect from an abandoned factory, full of heavy metal stairs and machinery.

We did go up a few of the stairs but stuck to the sides and held the rails, although the kids that were there used it as a climbing frame!! Once we climbed to the top the view was amazing.

There's another 2 buildings to the side that we checked out as well.
One of them had been burnt down in parts but the other was ok, we found a bar in there to.

Hope you like the pictures!
IMG_6214.JPG
IMG_6217.JPG
IMG_6220.JPG
IMG_6221.JPG
IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6229.JPG
IMG_6271.JPG
IMG_6239.JPG
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6249.JPG
IMG_6272.JPG
IMG_6256.JPG
IMG_6259.JPG
IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6269.JPG
IMG_6273.JPG

Last edited:

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Not done a factory yet (that I remember). This one looks pretty fun, loads of gantries and walkways to scramble around. Would make an excellent filming location too!

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Some decent shots there. Someone on here said last year it was due for demolition but there doesn't seem to be any sign of that?

Btw, your title should be "Fullers Earthworks, Redhill"

Traceyalex2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some decent shots there. Someone on here said last year it was due for demolition but there doesn't seem to be any sign of that?

there were no signs of demolition, and thanks for the info

pepperplant

Luigi
28DL Full Member
I was told about 6 months ago buy a demo team that it was coming down, probably another housing idea that will never come to fruition

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Wow! I did this eight years ago and it certainly shows how long ago it was! Externally; its still pretty cool, but generally fucked. Look at the state of the poor thing. Thanks for the update!

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
The Copyhold Works (Fullers Earth) site was acquired by Evonik (previously Laporte) in 1954 and, according to the land registry, it’s still owned by them.

The site has been named by the council as a “Potential Reserve Urban Extension Site” but there are no planning applications for development or demolition.

There was a planning application to demolish it and build a power station in the mid nineties, but it was refused.

Traceyalex2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow! I did this eight years ago and it certainly shows how long ago it was! Externally; its still pretty cool, but generally fucked. Look at the state of the poor thing. Thanks for the update!
thanks, I wish I was into this years ago. Feel like I've missed out on loads of great places!

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
It's always the case really, there is always something you missed no matter what time you got into it. Good new stuff will always comes along, just gotta sit tight and wait for whatever it is.

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
I feel like I started too late, and I started ten years ago! lol. There will always be waves of good places.

Baconator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Those seperate buildings outside looking just as horrible as the last time I visited in September haha.
Gjf3M1r.jpg

surrey urbanex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Its currently in the argument stage between mole valley council and la porte industries ref the asbestos remediation theres also boron on site as well used in some way in making fullers earth cat litter. Im going again in the morning with the drone sat 16 june as need more footage and theres loads of the site im gonna cut my way to as badly over grown Theres bits even this mental spiderman cant get to. I am gonna reclaim the bits lost to nature so ppl can get back round there again. Theres a lil book upstairs for msgs and shit i wanna track how many go here in a year its at the top of the main bulding tied to a bit of machinery a lil black book

20180526_172257.jpg

20180526_173209.jpg

20180526_194425.jpg

20180526_201443.jpg