Web
Analytics
Question - - gaming pc | Computers, Websites and Technology | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - gaming pc

alex17595

Down t'pit
28DL Full Member
If you want to do gaming don't bother with anything that says onboard or integrated graphics, it need to have a dedicated graphics card. 8 GB ram is on the low side for modern games but should run plenty of older ones fine.

It says 350W which means if you wanted to add a card to it the power supply would need to be upgraded as well.

I bought a second hand one off gumtree and upgraded the parts over time.

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Wasn't expecting to find a post like this on here, built a PC a few months ago for £2k, and don't hardly do any gaming on it (plus I build a lot for my job) buying one of these prebuilts can be a nightmare, if you're on a budget (less than 1k imo) buy used, I did but bought top spec, ended up paying 2k in parts for a i7 9700k 1080ti which isn't bad at all, i5 with an ssd and 1000 series graphics cards does really well

RXQueen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How much are you looking to spend? What do you want to play?

There is a new release of AMD stuff in the next few weeks which will lower some prices considerably.
around £500 which i realise is low. my son will play things like mine craft and fifa on it

happyformumman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
around £500 which i realise is low. my son will play things like mine craft and fifa on it
Okay, this could be tricky but there are some options.

• Is there already a monitor and keyboard and mouse available?
  • Are you, or do you know someone, who is happy to assemble a PC from components?

If the answer is yes, then with a "grey market" Windows key and a small stretch of the budget it's possible to build a very capable machine.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£85.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£64.98 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£45.29 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: ADATA SU630 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£82.50 @ AWD-IT)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card (£198.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cougar MG120 G MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£34.97 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£47.99 @ AWD-IT)
Wireless Network Adapter: BrosTrend AC5 USB 2.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (£10.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £570.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Let me know what you think, happy to help to find a good solution :)

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Okay, this could be tricky but there are some options.

• Is there already a monitor and keyboard and mouse available?
  • Are you, or do you know someone, who is happy to assemble a PC from components?

If the answer is yes, then with a "grey market" Windows key and a small stretch of the budget it's possible to build a very capable machine.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£85.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£64.98 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£45.29 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: ADATA SU630 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£82.50 @ AWD-IT)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card (£198.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cougar MG120 G MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£34.97 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£47.99 @ AWD-IT)
Wireless Network Adapter: BrosTrend AC5 USB 2.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (£10.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £570.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Let me know what you think, happy to help to find a good solution :)
Decent build! I personally would put in a 256Gb NVMe boot drive and put the rest towards a couple of TB's of platter storage instead of a single large-ish SSD.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If your on a tight budget I wouldn't bother with the SSD and just get a standard Hard drive
i back this, my current pc was a custom built i got off ebay with no SSD and just 2TB. It works like a dream for most steam game, was only 600 quid aswell.

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
SSD & NVMe drives are so cheap these days its totally worth it IMO. Admittedly it depends on how tight money is but if you can spare £35 for a 256Gb NVMe you will not regret it.
Going that cheap you'd have to make sure it's a dram cache SSD, but some are at that price still, think I need to get one myself :D

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
I had to rebuild my main system a few months ago after my conservatory roof failed and it got a bit wet... Paid 35 for the NVMe; 4000Mb's read and write.

Ryzen 5 3600
32Gb 3900Mhz DDR4
RTX 2060
BM450 Mobo
550W 80+ Bronze PSU
256Gb NVME Boot Drive
Cheap case

£800 build.

alex17595

Down t'pit
28DL Full Member
It's suprising how cheap graphics cards are these days. I paid £450 for a GTX 980 in around 2015 and it's still going stong, but some of the stuff you can now get for half the price is insane.