real time web analytics
Report - - Ganister mines, Wharncliffe Wood, Sheffield, South Yorks, October 2020 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ganister mines, Wharncliffe Wood, Sheffield, South Yorks, October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
Who even cares if he claimed he dug it out, surely the real satisfaction lies with the person who did dig it out.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Tunnelling got 14ft in under a road and into a mine took 6 hours a 2ft by 2ft tunnel through the backfill found out the brick worked stopped supporting the roof and the type 1 stone of road above starting coming in got stuck in it once @Bikin Glynn he has looked in there how tight is it ?

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Tunnelling got 14ft in under a road and into a mine took 6 hours a 2ft by 2ft tunnel through the backfill found out the brick worked stopped supporting the roof and the type 1 stone of road above starting coming in got stuck in it once @Bikin Glynn he has looked in there how tight is it ?

Yep fk that!... is that the one u got stuck in & ya mate pulled u out by ya feet after realising he hadnt heard anything for half hour lol
I doubt the same sort of effort has gone into the above post tbh

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Yes mate that’s the one I was. 9ft in under middle of the road and I couldn’t get my arm into my pocket to light me fag and forced it beside me so I got my lighter and couldn’t then get it back infront luckily my mate was in the Landrover I hadn’t gave him the saftey flash from torch so after half hour felt like ten and pissing down my leg twice from
The stella I heard him but couldn’t shout as the soil was coming onto my mouth I kept blowing it away best I could he grabbed my feet after climbing in himself and pulled me out :thumb

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I like the research you have done however I think you should mention that it was dug out and you didn’t just stumble on it as you are essentially taking the credit for the work of opening it.
What an odd and pedantic 1st post. Im normal polite & helpful, but this comment, your 1st post on here and you bring up a pedantic nonsensical dig at @HughieD most odd. And your motive was.......?

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
So I went to have a look for these on my way home from work, wasn't very succesfull. After wandering around the forest in the snow for about 2 hours I only found mine no2 (with a shovel out the front - which I assume wasn't @HughieD s) and a run in level down by the bridge over the clough. I also dropped my hat and had to walk half a mile back to pick it up.

LemonFactory

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent report that. Did you manage to go back with your waders to see how far back it goes?

Obviously, not taking your own shovel.

Who has read this thread (Total: 240) View details