real time web analytics
Information - - Garachi – lost in a desert, lost in a time | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Garachi – lost in a desert, lost in a time

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Travel2Baku

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi 2 All

Azzerbaijan is the most east country of Europe. Due to location it was a cross-walk of the civilization. Zoarastirans, Jewish, Christians, Muslims - you can find heritage of each cutural. Let me show some of the intereting places and we can start with abandoned island -just in a Baku bay.

Caravansaray in Middle Ages analogue of the modern motels. Traders with camels and servants were heading from China to Europe by a Silk route. One of the routes were crossing territory of the modern Azerbaijan and it has a lot of interesting spots.

Qarachi21.jpg

Not far from Baku, in the Gobustan desert, which has also excited my memory and consciousness for many years.There are a lot of all sorts of historical artifacts in this desert, but now let’s talk about, perhaps, the most preserved of them.

Qarachi24.jpg

I first saw this building in 1985, back in the days of the existence of the pioneers (soviet analogue of the scout movement) and, accordingly, the pioneer campaigns. Our young teacher was an active woman, eager to teach children, and that day, according to the plan, whole class hat a hiking trip to the highest mud volcano in the world – Turugay

Qarachi31.jpg

This was a bit of a strange idea, since there are rams, shepherds and dogs wandering around. For a shepherd’s dogs it was no differnt whom to eat – either a true pioneer or a bully – they both taste the same.
Qarachi11.jpg

We had a big class? more than 40 persons? so we split into groups and went to the ascent. The sun is hot, the blacksmiths are jumping out from under the feet, the air is saturated with a purely Baku smell – the smell of the sea, sun, sand and burnt grass.

Qarachi32.jpg

It was suggested to take halts often, and at the first halt, someone from our group suddenly saw this – a strange structure in the middle of the desert.

Qarachi36.jpg

Qarachi 2.jpg

Whole article you can read here

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice that, not sure why it's under "information" I would of thought this constitutes as a "report"