real time web analytics
Report - - Gartloch Hospital, Lanarkshire - July 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gartloch Hospital, Lanarkshire - July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
If buses come in threes, then at the moment for me it seems like derelict asylums do as well. 29 and counting, so close to the previous mentioned target. I found myself north of the border this past week with work, nothing uncommon with that, but this was the first time I'd driven all the way from Brizzle. This mean in the hours post work I'd be able to explore. Gartloch is another probably 'well past its best' but the hall is still a stunner albeit it was actually crumbling as we stood and gazed at its ceiling. It's only bettered by St Lawrences.. the colours here aren't quite so crash. The site sits part developed part derelict. I really hope they finish the site off because the administration block could be a stunning conversion. What fate is left for the hall is anyone's guess, it's 'category A' listed but it's in a critically bad state. Much more neglect and it'll collapse completely. Perhaps that's what the owners want.. :wanker

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Few more: http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/asylums/gartloch/gartloch-hospital-gartcosh