real time web analytics
Report - - Gas Holders - Motspur Park - June 2018 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gas Holders - Motspur Park - June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fishywishy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
From the couple of explores I've got under my belt, I've realised that although the derelict aspect is really interesting, I've enjoyed the getting in and getting up bits the most, so here was the natural next spot to go to. As some of you might've seen in the chatroom, I visited about a week ago, walked some of the perimeter, spotted the armadillos and got spooked. But with my halls license coming to an end, and not much in the way of tall things at home, I thought fuck it and went again. Access was pretty easy, and the whole site is very well obscured from pedestrians (As long as you're on the lower levels, that is) When I went in, it was with the idea that setting off the alarm was an inevitability and the photos kind of reflect that haha, but I discovered they're actually crap. I am no ninja and was able to get within a couple of metres of them and then get past without them going off. Once off the ground, I believe you're in the clear but did see some perimeter detection looking cabling along some of the places people might get up from. The ladders felt solid, and I felt a lot less vertigo than I have on other, lower spots, but you are very aware of the fact that you can be seen very clearly from the park, station etc, and a nearby fire engine spooked me into getting down ASAP, as I thought perhaps someone had called the emergency services with the idea that I was going to chuck myself off, so sadly I didn't get the classic selfie-stick wide angle photo or the dangling feet one, but it's all a learning experience, and at least the light made for quality pictures at the bottom.
P1020954.JPG
P1020955.JPG
P1020959.JPG
P1020961.JPG
P1020962.JPG
P1020963.JPG
P1020965.JPG
P1020968.JPG
P1020972.JPG
P1020974.JPG
P1020975.JPG
p9999999.jpg
P1020979.JPG

Regcar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report and photos. Hope you can get another good trip. I am just an interested reader as I would never have the bottle or agility to do proper Urbex.

What is an armadillo.? Thought it was an animal, but suppose they can bite.

Do they have to live by feeding in intruders? Sounds a bit harsh on the armadillos.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Nice report and photos. Hope you can get another good trip. I am just an interested reader as I would never have the bottle or agility to do proper Urbex.

Do they have to live by feeding in intruders? Sounds a bit harsh on the armadillos.
armadillos are very common in greater london you can often tell them apart when they lift there pinky up when they drink tea or well anything.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member

why is it Scottish is that meant to scare people