real time web analytics
Question - - Gas Monitor question | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Gas Monitor question

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good info OT, mine works fine, it just says so many days past calibration for a while before it self tests. I have never had any false alarms, and I've tested all sensors and they are working fine. But yes i will get it calibrated as soon as I can

loops

AgBr→Ag+½Br2
28DL Full Member
LOOK, if you're going to go into places where you need this kind of backup DON'T you want to know it feckin works properly or not???

^ agree! watch out people, a meter that doesn't work leaves you worse off than no meter at all. better to get scared and turn back than think everything is fine when it ain't. the out of calibration warning is there for a reason :)

let's not be dieing out there!

bungle666

....king of snake........
28DL Full Member
^ agree! watch out people, a meter that doesn't work leaves you worse off than no meter at all. better to get scared and turn back than think everything is fine when it ain't. the out of calibration warning is there for a reason :)

let's not be dieing out there!

never a truer word spoken in jest!

I take it you have got your's sorted now loops?

B..

OneLife

Live it!
28DL Full Member
I've been thinking about getting one of these (a 4 gas detector) - I'd be grateful for any recommendations on make and supplier. The price range is pretty huge

Personally id go for the BW Technologies "Gas Alert Microclip". Its a 4 gas (Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, and combustibles).

Ive used loads of detectors, made by loads of companies and over all that one is the best. Its not the cheapest out there but its reliable and its fairly light and only about the size of a 20 pack of fags (maybe even smaller). due to its size and weight it sits nicely on your collar (where these should really be worn - your not breathing the air at your waist)

If you cant get that one I would definately go for a BW, ive used BW, Crowcon, Zellwegger, MSA, RAE, Drager and others that I cant think of right now. All of the BW ones I have used have out performed all others in my opinion

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
Personally id go for the BW Technologies "Gas Alert Microclip". Its a 4 gas (Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, and combustibles). Ive used loads of detectors, made by loads of companies and over all that one is the best. Its not the cheapest out there but its reliable and its fairly light and only about the size of a 20 pack of fags (maybe even smaller). due to its size and weight it sits nicely on your collar (where these should really be worn - your not breathing the air at your waist). If you cant get that one I would definately go for a BW, ive used BW, Crowcon, Zellwegger, MSA, RAE, Drager and others that I cant think of right now. All of the BW ones I have used have out performed all others in my opinion

cheers mate :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details