real time web analytics
Report - - Gasometer - Redhill - March 2013 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gasometer - Redhill - March 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
This is my first gasometer report, and I'm absolutely in love with these old, a bit rusty, cylindrical metal structures :)

I decided to give it a go after spending 8 hours in the office first, then 6 hours in the pub, working for my friend:) Pub was so boring, deja vu ever few minutes, the same faces, drinks and not so funny jokes :) and few weirdos which is typical for a quiet Tuesday night. But the night went pretty quick, after exchanging some gossip with regulars, eating loads of cheesy chips with mayo and having (of course) few, free :D drinks I was on my way to Redhill.
It was actually the third time I tried to climb this gasometer, first time got there too late in the morning, and thought that I'm invisible while climbing, which didn't work out well because I got busted by some locals. Second time, I went there night time, climb it and didn't take any decent pictures :) So this time must have been lucky. Night was a bit chilly, dry and not so windy. When I got to Redhill the weather changed all of the sudden and it started snowing, lucky for me only for 10 minutes :). I parked my car and headed towards gas holder just to notice a group of local teenagers decided to have a meet up just right next to it, grrrr, I really didn't want to give up this time, so completely ignored them, hopped over the fences and started climbing it...
Attached my camera to the top ladder, even found a quite cosy place to sit on and I was all ready to take pics:)Also spent some time waiting for the train to go pass (unlucky didn't know the Redhill train times :) after few minutes up there I started sneezing so badly, so every second picture was blurred.

I tried to find a bit history of the gas holder, the only info I found is that disused gasometer is to be recommissioned...

Pics here - still learning and keep forgetting what I learned :

IMG_1326_zps3c82a7eb.jpg

IMG_1328_zpsa71fe8c2.jpg

IMG_1335_zpsfaffc659.jpg

IMG_1336_zpsb0ac96b6.jpg

IMG_1337_zpsa23289e8.jpg

IMG_1340_zpsfe156d1d.jpg

IMG_1345_zps2e5bfdb8.jpg

IMG_1347_zps5df63df7.jpg

and the train!!!

IMG_1348_zpsd7a66c28.jpg

IMG_1349_zps3067dfbc.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsc47ff1ae.jpg

IMG_1357_zpse7acc99d.jpg

and I spent ages trying to take this pic and of course had to choose the worst spot with the lamp right behind me hahhaah

IMG_1363_zps7bde0c18.jpg

and this is pic from my first visit there in January

P1090412.jpg

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details