real time web analytics
Report - - Gauldry ROC post - Fife Group-29/5/07 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gauldry ROC post - Fife Group-29/5/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

foz101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well it's been a long time coming, too long really, but I finally managed to escape the house and do something.

I managed to collar my father-in-law to join me in the pissing rain to go to the back of beyond and climb down a ROC hole that, as you'll see below, isn't the nicest place to be. He'd been up since 4.30am so well done to him for going above and beyond the call of duty!

The Sub Brit visit of 2002 shows it to be a bit of a state and nothing has changed. If anything, it's a little worse, although it has been unused for forty years. The hatch hinges have rusted and are free although still sit in the grooves but someone has given the hatch a battering at some point so the counterweight rod is bent. This means the hatch doesn't shut properly and is why it is slowly becoming waterlogged. The sump pump is missing too.

On with the pics:

Down the hatch...
hatch.jpg

Just looking down you can see lots of wood and shit dumped.
hole.jpg

Where the toilet bucket should be. A different type of shit hole altogether
shite.jpg

Inside the shot is remarkably similar to the one by Nick Catford of 5 years ago
inside1.jpg

Thankfully there is one redeeming feature, an old can, Tennents in nature.
beer.jpg

One last look and it was back home for tea and cake
outside.jpg

It's a bit depressing in a way that this relatively remote post could get so trashed. It's located here and barely any traffic passes by. Next to it is an old bench with flowers tied to it dedicting the spot to a woman who died and enjoyed sitting there with her husband. All in all a good first trip, but with depressing overtones.

Still, it's not a nuclear war :)

A couple more pics from the FIL to come I think. I'll add them when he mails them. He should have broadband plumbed in this week so that'll save him an hour or two.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details