Web
Analytics
Report - - Geel and Hitchen Court Nursing Home, Liverpool (MAY 2019) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Geel and Hitchen Court Nursing Home, Liverpool (MAY 2019)

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:
Opened in 1990, closed around 2016-17. Geel and Hitchen Court Nursing Home provided service for people over the age of 65 living with Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease, it was purpose built and could accomodate up to 28 people. It's last CQC inspection seems to have been in 2014. There were 24 people in permanent residence and one person on a respite stay at the time of this inspection. Behind it is the former site of Kelton Convent (which was once abandoned, and is now under re-development). I couldn't find anything on exactly why it closed down, but it seems there were complaints with staff's actions.

The explore:
This is another place I have known about for a while but only found a way in recently, and this place was metalled up to fuck. Used to visit the former Kelton Convent behind it, and peek through the holes in the metal sheets at this place, eagerly wanting to get into it. I got these photos on the second visit to this place, on the first visit, upon entering, we were greeted by a voice alarm that said something like "Warning, leave immediately, a mobile response unit has been dispatched". We look around, motion sensors everywhere, but we continue walking, a few seconds later, peircing ringing sirens go off! So we got out of there and waited a bit before going back in, on attempt 2 the alarms went off again, attempt 3, again, but we looked around anyway, nearly getting deafened in the process. A few hours after leaving the buidling, we walked past it again, and the alarm company van was parked outside! They took their time! While the building is nothing spectacular I thought it was worth the report since from what I can tell no one has ever been in here. It was pitch black inside and I had no torch on me so I basically used the camera flash to guide me. This time I managed to get a good walk around the place, until around when I took the third to last photo, them awful alarms blasted! I got a few more quick photos then got out of there. It has a lot of long corridors with weird coloured doors and walls with brick wallpaper. It's safe to say it was an adrenaline rush exploring this place, pitch black, no torch, a maze like layout, and anticipating that fucking alarm! I was in a bit of a rush getting photos, so I didn't check every room, and the ones I did check I merely scanned. I'll likely return in search of any hidden treasures...

IMG_8821.JPG
IMG_8822.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG
IMG_8824.JPG
IMG_8827.JPG
IMG_8828.JPG
IMG_8829.JPG
IMG_8830.JPG
IMG_8831.JPG
IMG_8832.JPG
IMG_8833.JPG
IMG_8834.JPG