Web
Analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 74 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Had a really disappointing couple of months exploring for a few reasons which is a shame, had my first day out for a few weeks last weekend and it was a real torrid day, only managed to get into one location which is one we passed by chance on the way to somewhere else, after I spotted an old gate opening completely overgrown by trees at the side of the road. Turned out to be an old house which had obviously been empty for some considerable time, and to add insult to injury not only did I get stabbed and cut up by more brambles than I ever have getting into somewhere before, the staircase had collapsed rendering the upper floor inaccessible.

The only good thing about the day was I wasn't too far from home!

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That place is looking a bit different since the last time i saw it! I bet the big stained glass window over the stairs has been smashed. The last photos of the place I saw on here showed the fancy fireplaces had been ripped out.
Think the good news here is that big stained-glass window has been boarded over so should sit be intact.

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Now we have security on every platform at Watford Junction and other stations to "prevent" suicides. Paid for by Network Rail which probably means the tax payer. If a train operating company has a train delayed / cancelled because of a suicide they can claim from Network Rail. This guy was shouting at me to get back behind the yellow line - I was already beyond it and the train was coming in on the other platform. What a waste of money. It means heightened security at many stations so am adding it for general interest.

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Now we have security on every platform at Watford Junction and other stations to "prevent" suicides. Paid for by Network Rail which probably means the tax payer. If a train operating company has a train delayed / cancelled because of a suicide they can claim from Network Rail. This guy was shouting at me to get back behind the yellow line - I was already beyond it and the train was coming in on the other platform. What a waste of money. It means heightened security at many stations so am adding it for general interest.View attachment 827043
How the fuck is a guy in a hi-vis supposed to stop someone from just running in front of a train at the last moment? Even with a bright yellow jacket I doubt he'll be able to bring a several hundred ton train, travelling at 60mph to a halt in a fraction of a second

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How the fuck is a guy in a hi-vis supposed to stop someone from just running in front of a train at the last moment? Even with a bright yellow jacket I doubt he'll be able to bring a several hundred ton train, travelling at 60mph to a halt in a fraction of a second
That was my point but I decided it wasn't worth arguing as he's being paid to walk up and down a platform, so not his fault, They were on every platform and also at Milton Keynes - apparently meant to be a deterrent - so a potential suicide person will just go somewhere else - it doesn't solve the problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LSUK Photo Threads 34
LINESHAFT Photo Threads 9
J4M35_UK Photo Threads 1174