real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 73 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Could barely navigate off the stairs for fear of it coming down around me.

The stairs themselves were bad enough!

tigger

mog
Regular User
Mother Hubbard's home is in a sorry state these days

mh.jpg

(it was in a small limestone quarry that was used to supply a twin pot draw kiln and I'd actually stopped to photograph the kiln)

tigger

mog
Regular User
There's not a lot of 'exploration' involved when visiting a fairly hefty set of commercial limekilns. These five were built in three stages during the C19th and were out of use before the end of WW1. 100 years later they had some TLC. The quarry behind them has also been brought back into use

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Heckington Manor

That place is looking a bit different since the last time i saw it! I bet the big stained glass window over the stairs has been smashed. The last photos of the place I saw on here showed the fancy fireplaces had been ripped out.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Had a really disappointing couple of months exploring for a few reasons which is a shame, had my first day out for a few weeks last weekend and it was a real torrid day, only managed to get into one location which is one we passed by chance on the way to somewhere else, after I spotted an old gate opening completely overgrown by trees at the side of the road. Turned out to be an old house which had obviously been empty for some considerable time, and to add insult to injury not only did I get stabbed and cut up by more brambles than I ever have getting into somewhere before, the staircase had collapsed rendering the upper floor inaccessible.

The only good thing about the day was I wasn't too far from home!

48827344816_4ce2713b89_b.jpg

48827344651_edacf0a2f2_b.jpg

48827344446_7d6831a86c_b.jpg

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That place is looking a bit different since the last time i saw it! I bet the big stained glass window over the stairs has been smashed. The last photos of the place I saw on here showed the fancy fireplaces had been ripped out.

Think the good news here is that big stained-glass window has been boarded over so should sit be intact.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2413) View details