real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 74 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Just an old single story shack near Boston so sticking this one in here:

48810589476_4932996030_b.jpg
img3278 by HughieDW, on Flickr

48810591251_7c7e8861d6_b.jpg
img3266 by HughieDW, on Flickr

48810297371_03307e306f_b.jpg
Boston shack 04 by HughieDW, on Flickr

48810441282_50f5f02e3e_b.jpg
Boston shack 01bw by HughieDW, on Flickr

48809945063_abaa1f8a03_b.jpg
Boston shack 02 by HughieDW, on Flickr

48809944613_7c5898ab11_b.jpg
Boston shack 03 by HughieDW, on Flickr

Looks like old farm workers accommodation, there's a similar place near Wisbech.

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Now we have security on every platform at Watford Junction and other stations to "prevent" suicides. Paid for by Network Rail which probably means the tax payer. If a train operating company has a train delayed / cancelled because of a suicide they can claim from Network Rail. This guy was shouting at me to get back behind the yellow line - I was already beyond it and the train was coming in on the other platform. What a waste of money. It means heightened security at many stations so am adding it for general interest.

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Now we have security on every platform at Watford Junction and other stations to "prevent" suicides. Paid for by Network Rail which probably means the tax payer. If a train operating company has a train delayed / cancelled because of a suicide they can claim from Network Rail. This guy was shouting at me to get back behind the yellow line - I was already beyond it and the train was coming in on the other platform. What a waste of money. It means heightened security at many stations so am adding it for general interest.
How the fuck is a guy in a hi-vis supposed to stop someone from just running in front of a train at the last moment? Even with a bright yellow jacket I doubt he'll be able to bring a several hundred ton train, travelling at 60mph to a halt in a fraction of a second

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
How the fuck is a guy in a hi-vis supposed to stop someone from just running in front of a train at the last moment? Even with a bright yellow jacket I doubt he'll be able to bring a several hundred ton train, travelling at 60mph to a halt in a fraction of a second
That was my point but I decided it wasn't worth arguing as he's being paid to walk up and down a platform, so not his fault, They were on every platform and also at Milton Keynes - apparently meant to be a deterrent - so a potential suicide person will just go somewhere else - it doesn't solve the problem

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Had a little revisit to Healings Mill yesterday as I was with a trio who hadn't been before, which ended up with us sharing the space with a group of six or seven kids who actually turned out to be pretty decent despite all their sports leisurewear. They went off and did their own thing which mainly involved making lots of noise and so we let them get on with that whilst we spent our time on the lower levels for a little bit. Then a few of them decided it would be a great laugh to run up and down the corrugated roof on one part of the building making a racket but anyway kids will be kids and all.

Turns out their antics had alerted the locals who had called the police and apparently the police had turned up and also sent a helicopter over which spooked the kids who all scarpered and left us - totally unknowingly - in peace. We only found all this out as we bumped into them again on the road outside the mill a good 45 minutes later, and realised that was the reason a police helicopter had buzzed low over the site just prior to us emerging out of the building!

Anyway I managed to see a couple of parts I had missed a few months back, it's still a good place to explore.

48889298578_19d1d17ed5_b.jpg

48889832086_f23cb9b96e_b.jpg

48890012427_fc746e1420_b.jpg

48889298188_9e9fb6e918_b.jpg

48889298023_0d82b45fa7_b.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2413) View details