real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 107 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
A few from the trip over to Matlock this weekend

51349157035_e983b2e192_c.jpg

51347403867_804658412d.jpg

51347404782_7f0f8b659f_c.jpg

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Derby Engineers Social Club, Derby – July 2021

This former social club was started in 1919 by a group of six engineers and was based around a Georgian house known as ‘Elen Villa’ which was built in 1824. Various extensions were added through the 20th century as the club became more popular but was eventually wound up in 2013.

Earlier this year the buildings were sold and there is a planning application to demolish the redundant club buildings and concert rooms and construct some apartments in their place. The Georgian villa will be retained & converted.

Had a look at this a few years back but the car park was always in use and there would always be random lights on inside, so it seemed more faff than was probably worth it. Unfortunately entry has become easier after the place has been stripped bare and the large function room destroyed in a random blaze in April so not worth a thread of its own.

Totally bont out

I think we must have just missed each other in the city at the weekend, we poked our noses in here after doing La Gondola just down the road but by the time we got inside the light was fading so much we weren't arsed with taking the time to lightpaint anything. Doesn't look like we missed much!

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think we must have just missed each other in the city at the weekend, we poked our noses in here after doing La Gondola just down the road but by the time we got inside the light was fading so much we weren't arsed with taking the time to lightpaint anything. Doesn't look like we missed much!

Haha this was a weekday excursion. You'll have to give me a shout next time you're in Derbados mate!

And yeah, it was rubbish.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
An old small grade 2 listed bottle kiln on the deal ground in Norwich. The deal ground belonged to Colman's and and they built crates and barrels from deal wood from abroad. It was built on this site and then there was a tunnel under the railway which linked it to the main Colman's factory. A nice little wander me and my mate had one Sunday morning earlier in the spring.

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
An old small grade 2 listed bottle kiln on the deal ground in Norwich. The deal ground belonged to Colman's and and they built crates and barrels from deal wood from abroad. It was built on this site and then there was a tunnel under the railway which linked it to the main Colman's factory. A nice little wander me and my mate had one Sunday morning earlier in the spring.

Looks like something from the Hobbit.

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The former Electric Railway Museum in Coventry in 2010

The Electric Railway Museum (formerly the Coventry Railway Centre) was located in Warwickshire, south-east of Coventry, near the village of Baginton. The heritage railway centre was immediately adjacent to Coventry Airport and so it was also known as "The Airfield Line". The site was managed by the Electric Railway Museum Limited, and was home to a sizeable collection of preserved electric multiple units (EMUs), which was the most diverse and historically significant collection of EMUs in the UK, containing unique items that are the last survivors of once typical and numerous classes. In addition, there were small industrial electric locomotives, two small industrial diesel locomotives, and one small industrial petrol locomotive, along with some other railway vehicles, which are owned by third parties. The land was leased from Coventry City Council, though it is located just outside the city boundary and is in the county of Warwickshire.

On 9 July 2017, it was announced that, owing to the site being sold for development, the museum would close on 8 October 2017 (the last open day of the year). The site was cleared by the end of July 2018 and all railway items and heritage buildings found new homes.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2414) View details