real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 110 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Kemble airfield 2021 as seen from a vintage coach - other planes were also there

and their BOAC livery plane seen at Saint Athan

news video at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55271480

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Paid a weirdly sobering visit to what remains of the old Fleet Motor Club/Paices Hill race track in Tadley today. It closed around five or six years ago after the owners built structures without permission and then the council decided to shaft them, demanding they install a fallout shelter (it sits opposite the AWE) and even going as far as denying a historic track had ever existed there before it's final incarnation (it goes back into at least the 1980s, maybe earlier).

I only ever visited the track once when it was open, but a lot of friends of mine I've made over the years spent a lot more time there than me both racing or spectating, and I found seeing the place in such disrepair more depressing than I ever thought I could. Short oval tracks are closing at an alarming rate - Birmingham Wheels Park and St. Day both closed last month - and a number of the remaining ones have had longstanding battles with developers and planners and councils determined to erase anywhere that provides fun and enjoyment for people in favour of erecting more shoddily built matchbox homes or faceless industrial units.

Soon all that is left of one of the best short oval race tracks in the south will be bulldozed and buried under yet another bland industrial estate. To most people this is just an empty concrete oval but to people like me these places are so important.

51652611338_6c75b3fe13_b.jpg

51652611968_ee613d4bf1_b.jpg

51652611843_bdc4be69d9_b.jpg

51652385406_6fff0a61b1_b.jpg

51651564877_c99cb1fb66_b.jpg

51652611773_03e1625e54_b.jpg

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Spotted an abandoned church hidden in some trees at the side of a road. It looked OK from the outside but inside was...terrible. Yet another failed Welsh church/chapel conversion, where the owner's dreams outstripped their finances leaving an unfinished shell of a building.

51647272170_0ee9ec2d09_b.jpg

51645588957_a599a4951f_b.jpg

51647272195_93c87708f0_b.jpg

Some you win, some you lose when it comes to chapels in Wales!

tigger

mog
Regular User
Random Shipwrecks we happened on while out exploring. Found them quite photogenic.

Back in the day they dragged them onto the marsh to cut them up and reclaim bits...somewhat smaller scale than in India these days. More bits and pieces on the opposite side of the Wyre but for some reason doesn't get all the photographers like this side and Skippool.
Good to see them in B&W as it stops the mistyness in the background being over-powering.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Back in the day they dragged them onto the marsh to cut them up and reclaim bits...somewhat smaller scale than in India these days. More bits and pieces on the opposite side of the Wyre but for some reason doesn't get all the photographers like this side and Skippool.
Good to see them in B&W as it stops the mistyness in the background being over-powering.
I thought they looked well suited to black and white shots. One of the great things about this hobby is all the cool stuff you find while your looking for urbex's. Its interesting that they where dragged there intentionaly for breaking.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2414) View details