real time web analytics
Report - - Ghost Railway Depot - Campinas, Sao Paulo State, Brazil | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ghost Railway Depot - Campinas, Sao Paulo State, Brazil

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

N

ND878

Driving around I came across this deserted railway depot in the middle of the City !

Campinas is a city of some 1 million people, and here in the heart was a totally deserted loomotive depot. !

I gained entry through a break in the fence that people use to pass from one side of the old depot to the other but strangely enough no-one appears to ge near the depot !

Other railway installations in Brazil are monitored by armed railway police and armed security who as I learnt repsond in the full Hill Street Blues fashion, guns pointed from behind car doors !

As I walked around I fully expected to run into some druggies or vagrants, or worst of all a gang of the "displaced People" who live in shanty towns and disused buildings. These people are very violent and will shoot you on sight. Even the Police (and there are some real "hard" Policemen), will only ever go in, in a large group, so it was with some trepidation that I walked around this massive area.

Please accept my apologies for the poor quality exposure. My camera had developed a fault in the exposure circuit board unknown to me at the time.

Here a some of the photographs
A line of derelict locos behind the main building
JundaiandBoaVista019.jpg

JundaiandBoaVista026.jpg

JundaiandBoaVista025.jpg

JundaiandBoaVista024.jpg

9234 in undercoat and then just left !
JundaiandBoaVista023.jpg

More locos just left
JundaiandBoaVista027.jpg

JundaiandBoaVista022.jpg

This loco had burnt out at some time
IMG_4241.jpg

Locos stand eerily in the old round house waiting for the next train !
JundaiandBoaVista032.jpg

These are just a few photographs, but to give you an idea of the sheer size of the place...................
The outside.
JundaiandBoaVista028.jpg

The inside......just left abandoned
IMG_4218.jpg

This place had the strangest feeling I have ever encountered, making one feel as if you were entering a tomb. The feeling of being completely and totally alone yet being watched almost, whilst being surrounded by a City of 1 million people all around was quite weird and in the end one becomes quite jumpy to even the slightest noise !

Thank you for taking the time to look.

ND878