real time web analytics
Report - - Giganotosaurus | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Giganotosaurus

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Troll

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Giganotosaurus or the big tunnel is a big culvert that the old Pellipar Burn runs through.The burn itself is nothing more than a open drain or sewer these days with flytipping being present all the time and CSO overflows emptying the noxious filth in 24/7 it was worse though I do recommend this culvert its a good one.

The pellipar is a lost or lesser known river in the area flowing though dungiven a pretty major town the burn runs under the town in places this is the largest of the 3 culverts.

Quick Layout
On the upstream end there is a 6 foot RCP with a massive grille on it to stop debris being washed in. This goes on for about 200 meters then it opens up into a large 5 metre by 5 metre concrete tunnel with a deep sump hole making it impossible to pass its purpose it to catch waste and once a year it is dug out or vacuumed with a tanker truck. the river exits there and flows through a little open section which is due to be covered over soon for housing development and into an old brick tunnel built in the 70s or 80s not sure but defiantly in that time period , and finally into a really old stone arch which is the old pellipar bridge one of the bridges built for Pellipar estate a massive plantation house look it up. There is a deep pool under the stone arch section but thigh high waders is no problem I had wellies not possible so I climbed in at the open bit dangerous as f*ck loose rubble and a 10 15 foot drop.
the top RCP section was stuffed with debris trees and garbage just impossible to pass so that's missed out but the older section is done.

I entered at the outfall
1580147100004.png

The Outfall or the old Pellipar bridge.

The construction now changes to the 1970s brick and concrete tunnel too deep for wellies just below that waterfall waders can bypass that. There are 3 CSO overflows on top the tunnel.
The tunnel seems to be built with grey bricks and a concrete slab roof with a plastic membrane on it it is torn in parts now though.

Happy im through that bit CSO water spashing down overhead clean minging.

4 foot of water right there festering shit washed down the burn.

On I Go

Nice Grey Brick Wall Uncommon Culvert Design

looking back halfway through the membrane on the left has been torn likely by floodwater and trash being washed through.

Looking out to the short open section.

Odd crap coming out of a side inlet can anyone identify what that is looks like fungi to me but unsure.

Got to the open bit but wont stay like this for long this is due to be culverted within the coming years for housing development .Only about 100 yards long and back into the culvert again.

when this was the main culvert the tunnel is opened up a big bit must be to relieve water pressure in flood conditions.

That must be an old bike there I cannot even identify it.

Next section ahead.

Some child lost their lawnmower.

Ready To Embrace Darkness. This is the widest culvert section.

Electronic phone flash lights up this open tunnel very good.

Disgusting Graffiti.

This is as far as you can possibly go.

There is a sump hole and its so deep its impossible to pass. Sadly I missed out the next section the RCP as you can see on top the steps there other side was blocked with debris but I will explore that soon I did before and I will again. This culvert was a cracker explore defiantly recommend it its in Dungiven northern Ireland in the bottom end of the town centre if you want to explore.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 1580146286568.jpg
    1580146286568.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 29

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see you still posting, but I thought you had posted pics of that sump before, as I remember replying to you about. You could get across that in a dinghy or raft?

The Troll

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
m
Good to see you still posting, but I thought you had posted pics of that sump before, as I remember replying to you about. You could get across that in a dinghy or raft?
my main goal was the section above the sump but it was blocked by debris aye you could get across that deep water in a raft or dinghy.
well worth an explore so it is.

The Troll

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i do like to update things time to time its been a year since an explore through this massive culvert

The Troll

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

here's a map of the culverts I have explored Little Gigas a lot stoopier though 4 feet all the way. Giganotosaurus is not stoopy about 6 foot most of the way the concrete tunnel is 5 by 5 meters and the old arch at the outlet is 10 feet high

Who has read this thread (Total: 204) View details