real time web analytics
Report - - Gillingham Pier Tower Cranes (October 2015) | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gillingham Pier Tower Cranes (October 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

marmiteonpizza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my debut report on the forum, it's not a major site, just temporarily one of the highest places in Medway (Kent).
I initially went on my own to check the site out, then one visit with @Maniac (discovering more of the blocks and climbing the tallest of the two tower cranes) and have since gone back by myself one more time.

As for information about the site, there's not much to say really; it's going to be built into flats I believe, consisting of three blocks - one with fourteen floors, another opposite the first with approximately five floors less and a third built in a right angle (much longer floors) with five floors at the most (this is only guess work, I haven't bothered exploring this block, all the blocks are much the same).

The main purpose for my visits though, are the tower cranes - one coming to a height of sixty meters, the other clearing a distance of at least ten meters above the former.

Even though the taller of the two tower cranes is easily one of the highest structures in Medway, the time of year is unfortunate; when it's safe to enter the site after all the staff have left, it's already dark, making the view slightly less spectacular.

Nevertheless, I love climbing up there, above all of (scummy) Medway, leisurely setting up my camera, firing a few shots and just contemplating life while things move below me.

I feel the cranes won't be up for long however, so get a move on if you take a fancy!

Looking along the jib of the taller crane

Tower_Crane_-_Looking_down_Jib_Gillingham1_zpsbmbebgso.jpg

Looking down on the smaller crane
Looking_Down_at_Smaller_Tower_Crane_Gillingham1_zpsiixq00rd.jpg

Looking up at the taller crane from the highest block
Looking_Up_at_Tower_Crane_From_Building_Gillingham1_zpsupdvfhvb.jpg

Taller crane from first floor level
Looking_Up_at_Tower_Crane_Gillingham1_zps1vybybok.jpg

Last edited:

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Nice one dude. Was a good evening spent up here.

Glad you finally got your camera, you wasted no time taking advantage of that wide angle lens did you. :D

marmiteonpizza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not half bad for a 'debut report', nicely done mate :thumb
Nice report
Thank you both =)
Nice one dude. Was a good evening spent up here.

Glad you finally got your camera, you wasted no time taking advantage of that wide angle lens did you. :D
Images could be less blurry,should have used my remote shutter release on all of them, only did for one or two =)
Thanks for persuading me to get the lens though man, definitely worth it! =P