real time web analytics
Report - - Glemsford Silk Mill, Suffolk - September 2018(ish) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Glemsford Silk Mill, Suffolk - September 2018(ish)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
I'm back again, catching up on all the reports I've not got around to putting up in the last year and more!

This time around, it's an interesting little place tucked away in rural Suffolk.

Unfortunately I don't know the history of the place, when it closed and why. It's clearly been abandoned quite some time, and despite some vandalism and fire damage, and being largely empty of any items/equipment it's still a reasonably large and interesting site to explore around and take in.

Due to its remote location (around the Sudbury area), I wouldn't really recommend travelling to visit as at the end of the day it is just a series of largely empty buildings. But if, for some reason, you find yourself in this general area, then it might be worth a look!
It would probably make for a really good filming location for some kind of post-apoc movie due to its large, empty rooms and lots of natural lighting.

If anyone does have any history on this place, do let me know and I'll add it to the report. In the meantime... to the photos!

IMG_7409.JPG

IMG_7404.JPG

IMG_7445.JPG

IMG_7422.JPG

IMG_7411.JPG

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7413.JPG

IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7434.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7438.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7447.JPG

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Cheers for posting, my family are from Glemsford. I remember checking this out when it first closed. It was empty even then. Looking very worse for wear now!

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Cheers for posting, my family are from Glemsford. I remember checking this out when it first closed. It was empty even then. Looking very worse for wear now!

Wow, talk about a lucky coincidence! Do you have any idea of when it closed down, and why?

Who has read this thread (Total: 179) View details