real time web analytics
Report - - Glen O Dee Hospital, 03/02/08 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Glen O Dee Hospital, 03/02/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

B

bryag

OK, so I was going to leech off Gorecki's thread, but I think this many pics would be taking the piss:p

Visited on Saturday with Alir147, Gorecki and Zimbob (thanks for the diving, Bud!)

Thanks to Alir147 and Gorecki for showing us this wonderful building. Apparently it is due for demolition. This begs the question, "WHY IS THIS BUILDING NOT LISTED?" It is not as if there is a huge abundance of colonial style wooden structures in the UK, let alone Scotland. And it is not as if it is in particularly bad condition. I am not an engineer, but I would say from my visit it appears structurally sound. Why not re-clad it in that plastic wood stuff that the yanks are so fond of and convert it into apartments?

Anyway, rant over, although I am still quite angry:mad:

Here are a small selection of my pics of the visit. Pity we did not have more time. We underestimated our days exploring GREATLY!

The Lobby
Ladysbridge1.jpg

How did they know?:p
Ladysbridge10-1.jpg

flooded cellar, Fire hose suggests deliberate!:mad:
Ladysbridge11-1.jpg

Chess, Anyone?
Ladysbridge12-1.jpg

Main Stair
Ladysbridge13-1.jpg

The Doors
Ladysbridge14-1.jpg

Winter Wonderland
Ladysbridge15-1.jpg

Keeping things in perspective
Ladysbridge16-1.jpg

Veranda
Ladysbridge17-1.jpg

"THE WINDOW"
Ladysbridge18-1.jpg

The other window. The tower was disappointing, but it had to be done!:D
Ladysbridge19-1.jpg

Heating
Ladysbridge2.jpg

On the tiles
Ladysbridge9.jpg

Music? Or maybe a book?
Ladysbridge8.jpg

Decay
Ladysbridge6.jpg

Don't drink the milk!:eek:
Ladysbridge5.jpg

Shall we dance?
Ladysbridge4.jpg

A terrific days exploring, hampered only by the time-lords and Moray council roads department:mad: