real time web analytics
Glen Parva Juvenile Prison, Feb 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Glen Parva Juvenile Prison, Feb 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jobbyjo

UREBEXR
28DL Full Member
History

HM Prison Glen Parva was a male juvenile's prison and Young Offenders Institution, located in Glen Parva, Leicestershire, England. Glen Parva was operated by Her Majesty's Prison Service.
The prison closed in June 2017, following an announcement at the end of 2016 that it would be replaced with a newly built category C adult prison. It will be completely demolished and redeveloped with a new built prison on the site.

Taken From The Wiki

Explore

Not much of the prison is accessible so we only managed to visit a small part of the compound however what we did manage to see was grand in itself and it was a fun explore!

Explored with @UrbanCaving and @slayaaaa

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

^^The kitchen

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

^^Corridor shots!

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

^^The workshop (I think)'

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

^^ This was the main visitors centre and the room is where they would sit. The Visitors would come from the front and The prisoners would come from the far door.

Thanks for looking, It was grand to be part of the official URBEX Tour bus.

As always,
Don't forget to LikeShareSubscribe
Youtube: AbandonedDemolitionURBEX

waynezbitz1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You must have been in there after us last night.
The sauna was part of the officers gym.
The tour bus was strong last night as between 7 and 10 pm I know of 17 people that were in there. We were a group of 8. Then a 6 group and three others lol.
The gym where the saun is located was locked on Sunday but seemed open yesterday

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
You must have been in there after us last night.
The sauna was part of the officers gym.
The tour bus was strong last night as between 7 and 10 pm I know of 17 people that were in there. We were a group of 8. Then a 6 group and three others lol.
The gym where the saun is located was locked on Sunday but seemed open yesterday

Should run a shuttle bus from the train station HA HA HA. Yeah there where a good few in last night. We where likely the "Three Others".

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Would have been nice yeh, unfortunately i didnt see it until it was too late. OP didnt have NP access so cant blame them. Just one of those things. Still i did cringe when people were facebook live'ing it on the fb page, thats just asking to be caught lol

Arni

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

HM Prison Glen Parva was a male juvenile's prison and Young Offenders Institution, located in Glen Parva, Leicestershire, England. Glen Parva was operated by Her Majesty's Prison Service.
The prison closed in June 2017, following an announcement at the end of 2016 that it would be replaced with a newly built category C adult prison. It will be completely demolished and redeveloped with a new built prison on the site.

Taken From The Wiki

Explore

Not much of the prison is accessible so we only managed to visit a small part of the compound however what we did manage to see was grand in itself and it was a fun explore!

Explored with @UrbanCaving and @slayaaaa

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

^^The kitchen

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

^^Corridor shots!

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

^^The workshop (I think)'

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

^^ This was the main visitors centre and the room is where they would sit. The Visitors would come from the front and The prisoners would come from the far door.

Thanks for looking, It was grand to be part of the official URBEX Tour bus.

As always,
Don't forget to LikeShareSubscribe
Youtube: AbandonedDemolitionURBEX
Anychance somebody could send some more pics of unit 10 I’ve never been in until 14/15 any pics about would be very grateful as I spent a lot of time in there in the 80s. Arni

Jobbyjo

UREBEXR
28DL Full Member
Anychance somebody could send some more pics of unit 10 I’ve never been in until 14/15 any pics about would be very grateful as I spent a lot of time in there in the 80s. Arni

most of the blocks were sealed off and chained closed. most of it probably open now but im not down for another visit im sure security have caught on with all the goons wandering about the place flashing their torches around along with the security patrols. itss all the same block after block so even if it was open i probably just went in one and then didnt bother with the others

Eddiek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brings back memories, unhappy ones at that. I was incarcerated here in the early eighties, 1981 to be exact. If my memory serves me correctly, at the time there was only 12 units, and I was on unit 10. The last unit in those days was the block (unit 12), which was situated on the left hand side at the very end of the corridor/tunnel. It was the biggest young offenders unit in Europe. The tunnel/corridor is just under a mile long and the units run off each side of the corridor.