real time web analytics
Report - - Glenburn Sports College | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Glenburn Sports College

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The.Northern.Squad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is fresh and in the making, but Glenburn Sports college was open right up until around the time of the summer Holiday as of 2016, but ranked as Lancashire's worst high school, it didn't re-open, that and the fact that there were only 200 pupils there at closure. I was hoping they would keep it up longer but the website went offline a week ago from writing this report, have a look at it on the wayback machine on google if you're interested. Its true that both the old West Lancs college site and Glenburn are now abandoned, but good luck trying to get into West Lancs at all, tinned up better than anywhere I've ever seen, that closed in around 2011 when the site moved to the new premises. Glenburn on the other hand has been pretty much left to sit right after closure, with keys strewn around the place, keys that may I add open crucial doors around the site.

History
Cant find much on google, one of the only ones Wikipedia hasn't categorized, but its safe to say it was opened as a "modern" school at the same time as West Lancs did in the 50s/60s, and coped with the overflow of Liverpool for all that time.

Our trip
Its funny how much vandalism can be done in such a short space of time, but that's a testament to Skems fucking fantastic reputation I guess. Got in to some buildings as simple as going through the door but the sports hall lacerated 2 many hands, so good shit so far, pro tip; don't stroke glass.

so many different groups of skemites I couldn't even count them all, all you hear is a thud, crash, bang, shit falls past the windows when your in a room, and although you can communicate with them, some say "yarright" and others call you a "dicked' ". It was actually a fun trip and the place still has that polished feel in some places, still smells nice in some areas, the toilets still flush in some sections too! Go there sooner rather than later, place is getting thrashed and is only a few months new, and its only going to get more ruined as it gets engulfed by Skems youth.

Much more on Flickr if you're interested https://www.flickr.com/photos/144274531@N04/

30371290855_24b0c40679_b.jpg

Gymnasium
30254628792_e698303961_b.jpg

30074299190_c22576d06d_b.jpg

29739439813_3ac497c1d6_b.jpg

The IT block
29739446743_b7566b0a10_b.jpg

Boiler room controls
30285018041_eb7595f3a2_b.jpg

29739458323_2af9f6cc3b_b.jpg

30285034411_c5f5e9fdca_b.jpg

30336067806_ff114748a1_b.jpg

30254668272_bac9ac05bc_b.jpg

30371348275_cf29f5fa3e_b.jpg

30336100706_5a0942af4f_b.jpg

30074378450_0e266e3534_b.jpg

30371389235_b8d23de9b8_b.jpg

A very big site, takes longer when you have to climb and scout out areas for entry, but a very new site and an interesting derp/explore/thing/mooch

Last edited:

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
LMFAO Went to this few days back .. Holy fook its messed up. And the lads round there where plenty .. Went back and the cops where parked onsite .. Anyways atleast you had a nosey and that gym i expected more its the one place i wanted to get in. Did have a nosey on roof but wasent much. Shame really has its a large site with loads of buildings. Thanks for pics and risking ya life and limb with the local rebel lol....

The.Northern.Squad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Coolboyslim yeah the local rebel were a pain, recording video was a nightmare here but pictures were easier. The gym was difficult to get into and we lacerated ourselves a bit, worth it though XD

Alyxxxx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visisted yesterday and security decided to turn up, luckily for us we'd already had a good mooch about for well over an hour. They asked us to stick around for the Police to speak with us, we of course would of rather shat glass and went on our way but you're right, it's trashed to the high heavens in there now. Shame!

The.Northern.Squad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visisted yesterday and security decided to turn up, luckily for us we'd already had a good mooch about for well over an hour. They asked us to stick around for the Police to speak with us, we of course would of rather shat glass and went on our way but you're right, it's trashed to the high heavens in there now. Shame!

Got there so early in its closing that the doors were wide open, mention of security in was outlandish, especially in skelmersdale...

good that they asked for you to wait for police, sad they felt the need to waste breath

Alyxxxx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got there so early in its closing that the doors were wide open, mention of security in was outlandish, especially in skelmersdale...

good that they asked for you to wait for police, sad they felt the need to waste breath
Well one of them tried to block my way out, I was having none of it!

The.Northern.Squad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Saw your video on this guys very cool place its a shame its gone now its 70s design looks very peculiar
Thanks mate, been a long time since we made any vids :/ , the place got ripped down fair quick but the old college buildings are still there at the back, they closed long before the school did too but normally get set alight