Web
Analytics
Good Afternoon - Hello Everyone | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Good Afternoon - Hello Everyone

RobertLeem

28DL Member
28DL Member
Good afternoon everyone
Likewise, apologies if I have broken any rules, haven't made a good start at the min posting on FloraF's threat, apologies again. Lets try again. I'm off work this week and like to get out and about with my camera etc.

During lockdown I went out walking to neighbouring villages taking photo's of old churches, kept away from built up areas, surprised what I managed to find, when lockdown eased I had a list of old churches to visit along with several ruins. Quite a few are off the beaten track which is what I like, plus several of them have great walks around them

I joined a local camera club 2 years ago and started participating in competitions in January, so far have 2 trophies, one of the photos was a landscape in Skye, after coming 3rd with that photo it was printed to canvas and is now hanging on our dining room wall

I do enjoy getting out and about walking but sometimes just like to visit several places without the need of searching for them, although later down the line I do go back and explore, the wife enjoys going out visiting places but gets bored quick when I start photographing things, I look forward to chatting with you soon and hopefully visiting different places of interest

I do enjoy photographing landscapes, seascapes, ruins, old churches, bridges and wildlife and astrophotography or basically anything

I am more than happy to create a few reports of the places I've visited and can only provide basic info about the place and have quite a few photos, like I've read in your Survival Guide, much of it can be obtained on google

RobertLeem

28DL Member
28DL Member
I know I've only just joined, we all stumble when it's something new. I do enjoy walking and getting out and about but have been looking for others online who enjoy doing this and to go with

I'm off work this week so try to make the most of it, can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong, I uploaded a report on a church and included numerous photos, I checked the forum and it didn't exist and today asked if anyone would like to join me in a walk around Kings Cliffe which is 30 mins from me. Both have been struck off without a reason.

Normally it's difficult to get out due to work commitments, I use my time off to make the most it

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
I know I've only just joined, we all stumble when it's something new. I do enjoy walking and getting out and about but have been looking for others online who enjoy doing this and to go with

I'm off work this week so try to make the most of it, can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong, I uploaded a report on a church and included numerous photos, I checked the forum and it didn't exist and today asked if anyone would like to join me in a walk around Kings Cliffe which is 30 mins from me. Both have been struck off without a reason.

Normally it's difficult to get out due to work commitments, I use my time off to make the most it
Your posts have not been struck off as you state. As a new member, any posts go into an approval queue. The moderators and site team do have outside lives/jobs outside of the forum so everything isn’t always approved and checked instantly.

I’ve just approved these through but I’ve moved your report on the church to the advice section as it needs a little more; please see the advice on the post.

RobertLeem

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thankyou for coming back to me and many thanks. I assumed they were struck off as they had a line through them, will be spending some time later to create a few reports.

RobertLeem

28DL Member
28DL Member
There is one question - I spent 6 hours walking around Kings Cliffe and found the pump house, surprised what had changed, is it best to create another report or append photos to the existing report that someone has created. Found a few buildings for the disused airbase, was quickly spotted and asked to leave the land although there were no private land signs.

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
There is one question - I spent 6 hours walking around Kings Cliffe and found the pump house, surprised what had changed, is it best to create another report or append photos to the existing report that someone has created. Found a few buildings for the disused airbase, was quickly spotted and asked to leave the land although there were no private land signs.
Definitely best to type up a new separate report yourself as this will then show the date difference and changes.

RobertLeem

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thankyou, looking forward to getting out and about by myself and hopefully with some of you guys