real time web analytics
Question - - Good locations in the Bristol/Bath Area (South West England) | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Good locations in the Bristol/Bath Area (South West England)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
Hello all,

I joined this site many moons ago when I first started getting into photography.

I did a little mosey around the box tunnels, however I really want to go to some abandoned buildings.
I currently reside in Yate, however I have transportation, so I am fairly mobile - My only concern is that every place I learn of, I seem to be 6 months too late!

Barrow Gurney - Gone!
Frenchay Hospital - Gone!
Ensleigh MOD base - Gone!

The list goes on...

My main question is: Where are places that are currently still standing? I don't get as much time these days to search for locations, so I want to be able to tag along with some other individuals to explore these places.

If you have any places that you know of, or are willing to let me tag along, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, I hope to hear from you soon!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Unfortunately Bristol is a growing city development wise and little stays derelict for long. The best things of recent times were probably Froomsgate House and a few other bits around there such as New Bridewell & The Lloyds Bank.

We do have gatherings from time to time. Last one being in April. I expect we'll have another July time... usually the best way to meet people face to face etc.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
The SW is stuffed full of win all you have to do is look. Maybe put some reports up so people know youre prepared to get out there and you'll soon get people giving you a shout. 2 messages in two odd years is not going to get you very far at all.

If you show youre willing and put some effort in I'll take you to some cool places as long as you can cope with being underground as I don't really do topside although theres still a LOT of good stuff out there.

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
The SW is stuffed full of win all you have to do is look. Maybe put some reports up so people know youre prepared to get out there and you'll soon get people giving you a shout. 2 messages in two odd years is not going to get you very far at all.

If you show youre willing and put some effort in I'll take you to some cool places as long as you can cope with being underground as I don't really do topside although theres still a LOT of good stuff out there.

Yes! Two messages will not get me far, sadly in between those two messages I broke my spine and spent 18months recovering from the injury - that is really why that happened, however I will be posting up a report soon regarding a house I discovered around where I live, so watch this space!

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
Unfortunately Bristol is a growing city development wise and little stays derelict for long. The best things of recent times were probably Froomsgate House and a few other bits around there such as New Bridewell & The Lloyds Bank.

We do have gatherings from time to time. Last one being in April. I expect we'll have another July time... usually the best way to meet people face to face etc.
Ah yes, that is true...

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Yes! Two messages will not get me far, sadly in between those two messages I broke my spine and spent 18months recovering from the injury - that is really why that happened, however I will be posting up a report soon regarding a house I discovered around where I live, so watch this space!

Yeah, I did that in Feb and smashed my L4 to smithereens, almost fixed and ready to go exploring again now though. What the hell did you do to yours then?

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
Yeah, I did that in Feb and smashed my L4 to smithereens, almost fixed and ready to go exploring again now though. What the hell did you do to yours then?

I feel your pain! I hope you start to feel better soon!

I fell down 3 flights of concrete stairs when it was raining and completely demolished my sacral plate along side L5 and the L4 vertebrae.

Sadly due to major cuts at my local hospital, they didn't X-ray my back until 3 month after the accident, so the bones had started to heal in an odd manner so they were not able to correct the issue in time. Typical really.

Luckily I had a bunch of epidural injections and I am back on my feet temporarily until they can afford to give me the structural reconstruction on the affected areas. On the bright side, it means I can explore again!!!

I've just submitted my first report, and I am working on my second currently. They aren't anything particularly special, but it is definitely nice to be out again with the camera in dubious places.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Wow that sucks, can't believe they wouldn't x-ray you considering how much pain you would of been in and not being able to walk.

Get those reports up and I'm sure you get some offers to go exploring.

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
Wow that sucks, can't believe they wouldn't x-ray you considering how much pain you would of been in and not being able to walk.

Get those reports up and I'm sure you get some offers to go exploring.

Aye, they were more worried about my neck - they x-rated my neck twice in that time, haha!

I will definitely be getting them up - my second report will be up later today.