Web
Analytics
Good morning from (Gosport) Hampshire | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Good morning from (Gosport) Hampshire

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’m Lin & am fascinated by exploration. I have not been brave enough to explore myself, but would love to at some point, maybe! To scared to go alone!

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi tigger thanks for the message & so kind to say I can come along! Still finding my feet on the site at the moment! Not sure if I’m brave enough yet, but will keep you in mind! Cheers!

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
P.S. I think the guard goats are great! Hope it is OK to message you one time to find out when you are planning to go or what was the outcome.

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a few people in the area, I'm over near Southampton myself, so not a million miles away.

Not a massive amount in the area at the moment, but Gilkicker is worth a go still, and a few derps dotted about.

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a few people in the area, I'm over near Southampton myself, so not a million miles away.

Not a massive amount in the area at the moment, but Gilkicker is worth a go still, and a few derps dotted about.
Thanks for mentioning Fort Gilkicker that is not far away from me at all and I am not far from Haslar Hospital either. There seems to be more abandoned places on the IOW depending what you are into in regards to exploring.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL, once your getting out, its becomes addictive, my eyes are everywhere even on a shopping trip lol

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to 28DL, once your getting out, its becomes addictive, my eyes are everywhere even on a shopping trip lol
Thanks for responding! I am quiet addicted at looking at pictures and YouTube videos in regards to abandoned/exploration. I need to get the guts to go on an exploration! I love that people explore like that I think it is great!

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gilkicker's a great place to start , Haslar can be a bit tricky according to reports, I missed it in it's heyday and didn't' see the point afterwards.

I don't think Gilkicker's secured, and access was easy when I went a couple of years back.

Interesting regards IOW, don't see very much from there.

Last edited:

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the tips it is good to know people's views & experiences. The last time I was up near Gilkicker there was a fence around it & that really peed off the locals that like to dog walk which I can understand, but that was a while back. The closest I got to being inside Haslar was being a patient a few times many moons ago! Miss it as a hospital beautiful in it's time & still now the grounds are lovely. Actually went on a tour of Haslar last year nothing like a proper exploration like on here this was a guided one ha! Gosport Heritage do these free open days in September they give free tickets if people apply. It was mainly walking around the grounds & a small part of the hospital & part of it which they were going to take us through had been broken into & the lead pipping had been stolen & thrown down a staircase so it was not safe they said. The church is nice in their, quaint. The Paddock had an eerie, but peaceful feel about it with thousands of bodies buried there! It was featured on Time Team!

gingaurb

Don't be a melt just get out there be for it's gon
28DL Full Member
I v been to gilkicker and haslar is haslar still there I wood love to go back there

Chalkie31

Urbex Addict
28DL Full Member
Haslar is still there and doable was in there a couple of weeks back. However it is tricky 24/7 security with a lot of cameras which still see you at night! Gilkicker is a great place to pop your urbex cherry!! access is easy and it has a bit to offer considering. Loads of history and just a decent explore!! It’s where I popped my urbex cherry lol... Just take the plunge and go for it once you have you’ll be wondering why you waited so long. Believe me!!

Linny12345

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haslar is still there and doable was in there a couple of weeks back. However it is tricky 24/7 security with a lot of cameras which still see you at night! Gilkicker is a great place to pop your urbex cherry!! access is easy and it has a bit to offer considering. Loads of history and just a decent explore!! It’s where I popped my urbex cherry lol... Just take the plunge and go for it once you have you’ll be wondering why you waited so long. Believe me!!
Ha! That made me laugh "pop your urbex cherry" like I'm a virgin again ha!

Chalkie31

Urbex Addict
28DL Full Member
Ha! That made me laugh "pop your urbex cherry" like I'm a virgin again ha!
In terms of the whole exploring world it is kind of like that lol. It opens your eyes to a whole new world a whole new community and puts you in places, situations and scenarios you never thought you would be in. As said you won’t be disappointed so just DO IT!! There’s plenty of decent folk about that are happy to help and willing to show you about. The more involved you are the better it gets.