real time web analytics
Report - - Goole RawCliff Bridge Uniter Bunker | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Goole RawCliff Bridge Uniter Bunker

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

U

u10694

Uniter Bunkers were the previous generation Government / MoD communications bunkers, hardened against nuclear blast, and also had EMP protection. The walls are a meter thick, with a steel shell inside for EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) protection to avoid the electronics being fried when the Nukes come over.

Some have been sold recently. The quality of construction is very high. This example is in really good condition, and hopefully has been assured a good future.

I was just looking as I was passing, and a very pleasant chap asked me what I was doing, expressed interest out of curiosity, asked me if I'd like a look around, so he showed me around and even allowed photos. I was amazed at the standard of fittings and construction, no expenses (our taxes !) spared.

Photos taken on a very girly (but effective !) Fuji Z5FD Raspberry Compact (why are Fuji's and Nikons so common on this site ?)

Outside view (the blue is a new colour)

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

Dummy door on outside for loading large objects - requires unbolting all the seperate panels.

dummydoor.jpg

Entrance Door (you should see the key !)

door.jpg

Entrance Hall

entrance.jpg

Fire Control Panels

firepanel.jpg

Fire Suppressant (there would have been two tanks of gas underneath to flood the rooms with fire suppressant gas)

fm2000firesuppresswashere.jpg

Military Artificial Resusitation Poster

milfirstaid.jpg

Standby Generator

gen2.jpg

gen1.jpg

gen3.jpg

AirCon and chiller equipment in plant room

plant1.jpg

Computer / Comms Room

dataroom.jpg

Old Cabling