real time web analytics
GoPro HEro 4 BLack | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

GoPro HEro 4 BLack

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone else using this camera for video, got mine in November and charged it last weekend to find the menu's frozen and my 64gb memory card corrupt.

Thankfully it was under warranty and got a nice new camera delivered this morning.

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nahm, i just got myself and elite SJCAM, its a cheaper version than gopro, I have been using a lower spec HD so I like the format and it has some good shooting modes, well enough for what I need, the new one has 1080 @ 60 fps for most footage, has a 4k and 2k mode for slow type shooting, the gyro feature is amazing - although I use a basic steadycam - but I guess it depends what you want from it etc.

how much is a go pro at that kind of spec?

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I paid £409.99 for mine 5 months ago, I did look at the sjcam but as I also want to use it on the drone I've just built I needed a good camera that I can transmit the video back to the ground station I've built also.

Last edited:

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I paid £409.99 for mine 5 months ago, I did look at the sjcam but as I also want to use it on the drone I've just built I needed a good camera that I can transmit the video back to the ground station I've built also.

wow thats well out of my price range, you can attach mine to a drone although not sure how good it would be - wasn't a major factor in my search, but one day wanting to get a drone, it could be useful for a lot of sites, I think one of the resolution settings it has is for a drone.

look forward to some quality footage :-)

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I bought an dji f450 drone frame, ordered the motors and flight controller and took me a couple days to build. Cost about £350/£400 for the parts. Then decided I needed fpv for long range flight 3/5 miles so cost another £500 in parts.

Going to use the drone in assessing sites before urbexing and will give me a nice 2/4K video for editing as well

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
a lot of that went way over my head Im not gonna lie ;-)

sounds like you should get some sweet footage :-)

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details