Web
Analytics
Gopro/similar action cam: yay or nay? | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Gopro/similar action cam: yay or nay?

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would a gopro be any use at all for exploring? Maybe to keep video evidence incase land owner or police accuse you of theft, criminal damage etc?

BoroLad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Unsure re that use but it is a lot of money to be flaking out for the giggles really...
I would personal put the £300+ you would pay for the action cam towards my photography kit...

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Unsure re that use but it is a lot of money to be flaking out for the giggles really...
I would personal put the £300+ you would pay for the action cam towards my photography kit...
I already have a gopro but couldn't really think of a reason to bring it along with me as being in low light renders it basically useless

shitbucket

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i would usually use one if the secca at certain locations are known for overreacting so you then have proof you didnt steal/vandalise etc anything.

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i would usually use one if the secca at certain locations are known for overreacting so you then have proof you didnt steal/vandalise etc anything.
Well since I'm in Scotland, and there is basically no such thing as a trespassing law, I could prove I didn't commit an offence there and then without any police involvement, if it came to that. Obviously I would try my absolute best to remain undetected without anybody ever knowing I was there.

BoroLad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have you go any tips on how you managed that? Haha I feel like I'd get caught on my first explore knowing my luck
Be cautious at all times and research and recce the place as best a possible first.

Keep noise to a minimum and kit so you can get out ASAP if you hear or see someone...

Try and go with a trusted partner as 2 sets of eyes and ears work better than one!

Obviously don't post where and when your going and make sure who your exploring with isn't a liability!

BrainL

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I borrowed a go pro once and filmed a few explores... when I looked back at the videos it was like watching paint dry lol... don't think filming exploring works for some reason, have to be there... :)

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Be cautious at all times and research and recce the place as best a possible first.

Keep noise to a minimum and kit so you can get out ASAP if you hear or see someone...

Try and go with a trusted partner as 2 sets of eyes and ears work better than one!

Obviously don't post where and when your going and make sure who your exploring with isn't a liability!
Yeah sounds like good advice. I don't have a partner yet as I've never met anyone who is interested in this sort of thing. I think going solo is putting me off exploring in general but I'm still looking for people to explore with so maybe someday.

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I borrowed a go pro once and filmed a few explores... when I looked back at the videos it was like watching paint dry lol... don't think filming exploring works for some reason, have to be there... :)
Gopros are pretty good for a night lapse or POV video but as you said, a pov video of exploring would be pretty boring. I guess if I climbed a crane or something it would be pretty good footage.

BoroLad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah sounds like good advice. I don't have a partner yet as I've never met anyone who is interested in this sort of thing. I think going solo is putting me or poff exploring in general but I'm still looking feople to explore with so maybe someday.
You may find someone, introduce yourself in the new members part if you haven't already...
Somewhere I found in Scotland that was a class explore was Dundee College.
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/dundee-college-rooftop-october-2015.t100306

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It doesn't prove anything really, you could have just switched it off while you were doing bad things.
Unless you keep it on the whole time and only have 1 long video of your whole explore(although gopro battery life might have other ideas).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oxygen Thief Photography and Video Forum 15