real time web analytics
Question - - Gore Brook Culverts Research | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Gore Brook Culverts Research

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jojaco

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello there, first post on here, but I've read many posts before as this sort of stuff interests me.
I'm local to Gore Brook and I'm aware of its many culverts, but I don't fully understand which is which with all the names.
From upstream to downstream, as the brook leaves the reservoir, there's the whole Gorton Falls thing which confuses me, but I assume the reservoir outflow joins the brook at the falls, but I don't understand where the falls originate from. If someone could explain this that would be great.

After that then on Openstreetmap it appears there is a culvert under the A57, but this may be a long bridge?? Then downstream after Sunny Brow Park, the brook enters a long culvert as seen on OSM.
Culvert 1.PNG

Not sure of this one's name (possibly Sidedraft Induction?)
After this the next 2 are Supercharger A and B, and then I presume Gripper into Platt Fields and Arachnophobia out.
Culvert 2.PNG

At this point, the brook is now called Chorlton Brook and OSM shows two culverts, do these have a name and are they passable?
Thanks for any replies, and maybe one day I would like to go down there and have a look in the tunnels myself!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yes, a goof few of us have covered this lot on here over the years, they have varying silly names :P

jojaco

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yes, a goof few of us have covered this lot on here over the years, they have varying silly names :p
But which is which, the first long one? And the two at the end near Chorlton, has anyone done those? How does Gorton Falls work with the rest of the brook. Would love to see those at some point!

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
Gorton Falls is the culvert across the reservoir to the Syphon outlet, it has within it two decent sized waterfalls.
The rest you're pretty correct about. Sidedraught runs under Bellevue, then Supercharger has the brook buried under most of Longsight, with a short (20yds) open section near Stockport Rd, Gripper leads it under the Curry Mile, Arachnophobia out of Plattfields Pk, then finally there's 3 Phase, which is even further D/s.