Web
Analytics
Report - - Gors lead mine, Flintshire, Oct 2014 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Gors lead mine, Flintshire, Oct 2014

catfordbags

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Struggling to find much historical information about this place other than a couple of other reports on t'interwebs. It is listed as a lead mine but one report suggests that there is no sign of mineralization in the mine so it may have been a bigger than normal exploratory mine. Nice little mine to explore, small entrance which opens out into one long adit with a few small side passages. One lower drainage adit which we couldn't explore without gear. One beautiful pool and interesting formations on the floor of the adit.

DSC_7057_zpsf53fd671.jpg

DSC_7034_zps06a114c1.jpg

DSC_7038_zps00f25f0b.jpg

DSC_7047_zps41489afa.jpg

DSC_7052_zpsd26d5a2b.jpg

DSC_7044_zps3d9106a7.jpg

DSC_7055_zps4e5ae347.jpg