real time web analytics
Report - - Government animal testing facility, Houghton Grange, Cambs, Mar15 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Government animal testing facility, Houghton Grange, Cambs, Mar15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Second of three sites on another amusing day out with KM Punk & Frizman, including a fun afternoon around Upwood’s famous tanks.

This site has been off the radar for a few years, but has not been developed as yet.

The site is huge (100 acres), and has over 70 buildings. The main building was sadly not accessible, and heavily fortified with CCTV, PIRs, loud speakers, brambles, pillboxes & laser cannons.

Not much history on this one apart from it is an ex government animal testing facility, and has been derelict for a while.

Thanks to Frizman for finding this one.

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

thanks for looking

green godess

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to live close-by to this site and it was always shown or billed as 'Houghton Poultry Research Unit'. I know nothing further as to what ever went on behind its gates. A large site and at the end of its boundary, off from the Houghton Thickett Road is a lovely old country house that was formerly used as 'Intervet Laboratory's' a Dutch Company, I believe they also has premises at Bar Hill. close to Cambridge. They were a research company into veterinary medicine. Both the Poultry Site and the Intervet grounds consist of a huge and very rural site and are surely awaiting development into expensive housing estates.

G.G.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Unbelievable place thx for the report. What an interesting place dark but interesting.

thanks mate, it was a dark place. but interesting

I used to live close-by to this site and it was always shown or billed as 'Houghton Poultry Research Unit'. I know nothing further as to what ever went on behind its gates. A large site and at the end of its boundary, off from the Houghton Thickett Road is a lovely old country house that was formerly used as 'Intervet Laboratory's' a Dutch Company, I believe they also has premises at Bar Hill. close to Cambridge. They were a research company into veterinary medicine. Both the Poultry Site and the Intervet grounds consist of a huge and very rural site and are surely awaiting development into expensive housing estates.

G.G.

thanks for the information on this.
I read there was testing done on poultry, and possibly dogs