real time web analytics
Report - - Government animal testing facility, Houghton Grange, Cambs, Mar15 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Government animal testing facility, Houghton Grange, Cambs, Mar15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, would be nice to see this kind of places burnt to the ground though.. poor animals that must have suffered in here :( We have plenty of child killers that could have been used for this :)

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, would be nice to see this kind of places burnt to the ground though.. poor animals that must have suffered in here :( We have plenty of child killers that could have been used for this :)

Well I totally agree with that :thumb
Spare those innocent animals confined to a metal cage their entire life, tortured ,
And some torn away from their mum at birth and discected .
Disgusting :(

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Makes me really sad anything like this.. hate hearing anything about animals being mistreated

I seen a black cat in Sheffield Courts once, it frightened the life out of me but I spent the rest of the explore worrying whether it got out safe lol

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Makes me really sad anything like this.. hate hearing anything about animals being mistreated

I seen a black cat in Sheffield Courts once, it frightened the life out of me but I spent the rest of the explore worrying whether it got out safe lol

Yeah and me it's not necessary;
And if people feel the need to mistreat animals then they are a pathetic waste of space .

Lol I was on the way to an explore once and ended up guiding a mother duck and her ducklings across a road , I held up a lot of angry drivers that day.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would have loved to see that :) Maybe we should start a thread "animals on explores" :)

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Once found a red fox at side of the road. Pretty beat up my friends like we need to put it outa it's misery I'm like no there gotta be something to do. So rang rspca waited 4 hours plus for someone to come and when they did they where so friendly saying you did a good thing today etc. This was at 3 am on a damn dark country road lol.

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Once found a red fox at side of the road. Pretty beat up my friends like we need to put it outa it's misery I'm like no there gotta be something to do. So rang rspca waited 4 hours plus for someone to come and when they did they where so friendly saying you did a good thing today etc. This was at 3 am on a damn dark country road lol.

Good on you ,
You did the right thing . :thumb

At the end of the day you wouldn't leave a human to suffer , so animals should be treated no differently.

Mr D

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have commented on another thread about this place, My granddad, was night watchman and after a convo with my mother earlier, she said he also worked in the Leucosis Experimental Unit, something I wasn't aware of. I spent a lot of my youth there, it always used to creep me out, my grandparents lived in the little bungalow, just up the road from the Grange, learned to ride a bike, in the main car park and myself and my sister, used to swim in the pool, at the Grange, they really looked after their staff there, the scientists, in the labs near the grange, were the crème of the crop, wasn't really allowed to be around that area, unattended, but pretty much had free range, of all the other part of the site, used to spend hours and hours, in the fields, with the cows.
Some things that really stuck in my head, were Granddad, letting off the pressure, in the liquid nitrogen container and sadly, him starting up the incinerator and the smell that ensued.
Makes my heart sink, to think what went on there, I'm a non meat eater, so even more so really. The buildings / labs, were all state of the art back then, loads of banks of machines with flashing lights, like some sci fi thing, remember the lab tecs, all wearing full on body suits and breathing gear, they were also studying Oncogenitics, after talking with my mum, she said many of the staff there, got cancer, an unusually high amount, much more than the statistical average. so makes you wonder, what they were actually doing.
I only live on the other side of the river now, so will be going back, to have a proper look at the bungalow, I saw a bit of video, on youtube, some kids had been inside, remember that place so vividly, the carpet especially

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Thanks.
Interesting place to explore. Don't know if it's still there, this was a few years ago. When I can get back out exploring, wouldn't mind another mooch round here, as there is lots I didn't get to see