real time web analytics
Report - - Grain Silo, Gdansk, Poland, JUN 2009 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grain Silo, Gdansk, Poland, JUN 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
No history on that one. I was looking for a bunker I'd read about on the internet and next to it I found a huge abandoned grain silo. Later I couldn't find any info about it on the internet and none of my friends knew anything about it. It's located in a remote area of Gdansk called Stogi. Northern part of Stogi is just wilderness, sandy beaches and industrial facilities.

Looks like it was never finished. All the fences around it had been pulled down, security guard hut was completely overgrown by bushes and for two hours I didn't see a single living person anywhere around.

There's a funny concrete labyrinth in front of it made of these L-shaped elements.

stogi-0.jpg

No doors in any of the silos

stogi-1.jpg

But inside there's only this sloping ceiling. Seems like silos on both sides are connected with the middle ones.

stogi-2.jpg

In front of it there's an artificial pool with concrete walkways across it.

stogi-3.jpg

stogi-4.jpg

Below the ground level, under the silos.

stogi-5.jpg

There's a row of funnels, it's one funnel per 3 silos.

stogi-6.jpg

And there's a staircase on the side of it.

stogi-7.jpg

It was a bit of a disappointment though. I left it as the last thing to do thinking it would be the best. But as I got to the last floor I realized what the funny "small steps" I saw next to the staircase were. It was the last two segments of it that had been removed to make it impossible to get on top of the silo.

stogi-8.jpg

Great shame because when I was looking earlier through the hole in that red funnel I could see there were walkways across the top of the silo. But great exploration anyway. The whole place looks like the remains of some lost civilization.

Last thing that I found as I was leaving. It says "ACCESS FORBIDDEN".

stogi-9.jpg

And nearby I found the bunker I was originally looking for:

stogi-10.jpg

stogi-11.jpg

Not much fun inside though...

stogi-12.jpg

On the roof.

stogi-13.jpg

stogi-14.jpg

Next to it is another one that looks even better. I was heading for it when two security cars arrived. It turned out the whole area was part of the Northern Port of Gdansk and they told me to leave but generally were nice. As I got to the nearest junction in front of me I saw a huge derelict tower of (as I found out later) sulfur processing plant. I couldn't believe my luck.

Watch out for more reports from Stogi :)