real time web analytics
Report - - Grain Tower - 13/01/07 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grain Tower - 13/01/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Y

yorkie

Right, my first proper explore on my own and with a tri-pod. Took a drive out to Grain Tower after seeing the report by Snapple in:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2431&highlight=grain

I was going to goto Leybourne Grange, but I thought I'd do a smaller site for my first UE. I've been over to LBG before and seen the size of the security guard and his dog! Anyways, the tide times couldn't have been more perfect, but the wind was, erm very windy. I'm using my 7mp Samsung point and shoot on a tripod. In my excitement leaving my car I totally forgot to take the torch, it was only as I got out to the fort I realised that I'd left it behind. I only had a mooch around the newer annex because of the lack of light and the wind.

To get to the fort is easy enough. If you follow the main road through Grain village to the end. There is a car park at the top to park and the shore is about 10 minute walk past the farm. It looked like there was a couple of locals dogging in there on my return :eek:

The photos:

Had to navigate past these badboys on my way down:

STA70508.jpg

The target: Looks quite far out. I did have second thoughts at this point but stopped being a pussy and got on with the job in hand.

01thetower.jpg

Close up: You can see how big the bugger is!

04closetotower.jpg

Gun tower stairwell: If it haddnt have been so windy I would have ventured to the top, but I'll leave it for a nice summers day!

06guntower.jpg

Backside of the fort:

07backside.jpg

Way in: Wouldnt like to be under that metal box when it falls!

05lookingup.jpg

One of the many ways into the old fort:

16lookingdown.jpg

1st floor in the annex:

081stfloor.jpg

Larder?

111stfloorlarder.jpg

Hole in the wall: Not a cashpoint!

14holeagain.jpg

Bathroom:

15bathroom.jpg

Out to sea:

17window.jpg

Crossing to the old fort:

STA70486.jpg

Looking down on the way in:

12lookingdown.jpg

Stairwell:

13guntower.jpg

Walk home!!

18longwalkback.jpg

More cows!

19lastcow.jpg

I'll be going back here to do the old fort as soon as the weather is better. It's a good explore and it was nice not having to worry about security and the likes. I didnt realise how difficult it would be to choose what pictures to post. I havent doctored any images. I resized them using Gimp and thats it.

I think I've got the UE bug proper now!! lol!

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details