Report - Grantham Canal Lock Keeper's Cottage (Feb2017)

• Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello all! I won't go into the history here, since there are other posts on this website already - however I wanted to do an update regardless.

Since the previous posts online about exploring this cottage, it has set on fire... So if you were hoping to go and see the furniture and the decor that remained close to original - you will be disappointed. Just thought I'd let you know, it certainly surprised me.

The light was fading since I explored with a couple of non-users of this site; here are a few gloomy long exposures of what's left. (edit: wrote this yesterday, went back today)

I was also more there for the artsy photos - so these don't show the site that well, but I hope they're enjoyable!

Worth noting the outhouses are still alright, but everything is well overgrown!!

Thanks for viewing, hope this helps anyone thinking of visiting the site.