real time web analytics
Report - - Grantham Water Company | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grantham Water Company

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gingie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My son, Jakob is the reason for this exploration, he discovered this hole and wanted to know whats down it.

Many thanks to Tims and Access for meeting the newbie from Grantham, I've had alot to say but done very little exploration, however tonight this changed.

After getting the text "we're in a red car at Mcdonalds in the car park"
and smiling and noding at the wrong red car, looking like I was out dogging, I finally met with Tims and Access, after a short walk up Spittlegate Level we arrived at the site.

Mr Arthur Hutchinson, J.P., V.D., of St Peter's Hill, Grantham, is the youngest son of the late Simon Hutchinson, of Manthorpe Lodge, Grantham, where he was born on April 6th, 1855, receiving his education at Grantham and Repton schools. He was a director of Mowbray and Company, Ltd, Grantham Gas Company, and Grantham Water Company which was formed in 1849.

This site was the old underground reservior, at the top of the hill using gravity to feed this growing market town.

DSCF0034.jpg

After a tight squeeze down the hole, tighter for one than the other two of us we dropped into the chamber.

DSCF0146.jpg

Working with these two seasoned explorers, with fantastic perseptions of light usage and great kit was a great insight into what i've been missing for so long.

I'll let my first real post and set of photos say the rest.

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0149.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

Once again thanks guys and I look forward to visiting other sites if you'll have be tagging along again.